Array

School
    Ronin

Intro, US Army Ronin, 10 year white belt

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. I started BJJ over 10 years ago, then I join the Army and became a Ronin. Unfortunately, I have mainly been stationed in remote areas with no BJJ schools near by. I have mainly trained with inexperienced Soldiers or other Ronins. I love Jiu Jistu and the 10th Planet System. Fortunately, I have a good group of people I train with now. I will be going on leave for three weeks in CA starting mid June. I am hoping to train at a couple of 10th P schools and drop in at HQ. If I am able, I would love to get a honest eval of where I am at maybe even level up. I am probably the longest actively training two strip white belt! Hopefully, I will drop in at 10th P Costa Mesa, San Mateo, and HQ. Thanks everyone.

The hard path shows how serious you are. There is a huge network available today compared to when I started. Make those connections wherever you can and enjoy the journey. I think all the time what it would have been like to have had access to an A level school where all I had to do was show up and be spoon fed. Not my path and now I'm grateful for it.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thanks Brian

I feel you brother I'm at about three years myself and getting that itch. I travel often and have seen rivals get promoted around me.

Althugh to be honest I am not 100% with the warm-ups and I feel like that the most essential part of being a certified 10P instructor. Quite frankly it upsets me to see higher belt levels who aren't keeping up. It's kind of a stretch to call your gym a 10th planet gym if your not teaching the warm ups, in my opinion at least.

Make sure you are working to master the warm ups is my advice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Welcome to the club. Don't sweat it man. I started training 10th Planet in 2006. I trained the majority of that time at a Jeet Kune Do school. I've had the opportunity to train with lots of Moon Heads, Ronins, and students. Haven't made the trip to HQ but I don't think about belts. It would be nice to level up but when people ask me what belt I am, I say "no belt". There is no substitute for experience. This journey is beautiful and beneficial. Enjoy the ride.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome aboard! See you at HQ. And like TaylorWolf said, get on them warm ups asap!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    Welcome to the club. Don't sweat it man. I started training 10th Planet in 2006. I trained the majority of that time at a Jeet Kune Do school. I've had the opportunity to train with lots of Moon Heads, Ronins, and students. Haven't made the trip to HQ but I don't think about belts. It would be nice to level up but when people ask me what belt I am, I say "no belt". There is no substitute for experience. This journey is beautiful and beneficial. Enjoy the ride.
    Yea I usually say I am a "no belt" also. I get what you are saying. There is no substitute for experience. I see the belt as kind of milestone of progression so I am not necessarily wanting the belt but to be at the skill level that people are usually at when they have it. If that makes sense.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Welcome aboard! See you at HQ. And like TaylorWolf said, get on them warm ups asap!
    Thanks Eddie, working on those warm ups also watching MTS everyday. Gonna get them down professionally.