Array

School
    Isle of Wight BJJ (Team Mill Hill)

basic lockdown question

Hey all.
    Many thanks and well wishes in advance.
    Quick question-
    Watching rolls of Eddie I often see him hanging in quarter guard or half for a bit before getting the lockdown. General strategy- is it a case of get the lockdown asap? Or is there a time to get it, where before then it's better to hang in traditional half?
    If that makes sense.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I think in a recent MTS Eddie said he likes transitioning from quarter to half because quarter guard is super easy to obtain. From there the mini stomp is your ticket to the lockdown. If you're already in traditional half it can be tough to get the lockdown if your opponent knows its coming and hides his foot. If you push as far down on his calf/ankle as you can with your outside foot and start scooping underneath you can still get the lockdown though
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Getting the lockdown can be very hard if your opponent knows how to avoid it. Mastering the mini stomp is crucial
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    KJJ
    "Mini stomp 1, 2, 3" has made INSANE improvements to my 1/4 guard game. Can't imagine how simply stuffing that knee and swapping hand positions could mess with people's minds so much. Definitely one of my favourite MTS episodes so far.

Array

School
    Isle of Wight BJJ (Team Mill Hill)
    Thank you both, much appreciated. The latest MTS had all I needed.