Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

bowing out in the finals?

I was wondering if 2 team members make it to the last match for 1st and 2nd.... and they dont want to go against each other since they train and spar everday is this when they bow out? both of them or is it just one guy does it?

why not just compete? if they spar everyday, why not spar one more time?

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    They usually just decide who will take first and who will take second. "A Gentleman's Agreement".

I prefer the Glover/Coopers, Ciao/Chantres, who at least put on a grappling display for the fans.

I said before I was disappointed with the end of the Absolute's at the NoGi Worlds. Imho that's taking gentleman's agreements to far, but they can obviously do whatever they want.

Generally when we compete the less senior student will bow out of the match, even if it is not the finals, though hopefully the bracket is set up so you don't meet till the finals.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    we were in a tournament where we did that , but in my last tournament many teamates did face each other it was ok but i paid to face other people i felt like they are trying to dismantle us guys as a team

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    That happened with myself and a guy from Burbank at Grappler's Quest this summer. We just told them we both wanted to bow out and they gave us both first. I'm sure that is not very common but worked out well for us.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Hey Robert. This happened with Jesse and Keller back in April at Hayastan both out of your gym. I think they agreed to split first. Ask them. I think it all depends on the level of competition your competing at and the tournament. Big tourney there is not a lot of splitting first.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    oh..ok thanks jon...jon i tried to make it down to your gym on friday,but stuff came up......i just show up and not say i am coming...lol