Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Flat Earth Rabbit Hole-Thanks Eddie

So, I know this is ridiculous (right?)... But all the flat earth talk got me wondering, why people even believe this. So I went on youtube and got sucked in. Don't do it. I guess the most compelling "evidence", even though the experiment used was debunked, is how the line on sight drops 8 inches every mile. So if you're looking at an object and go a mile back, the bottom of that object should be 8 inches below the horizon. My question is, do super zoom cameras prove "flat earth". Most of these zoom videos are shot from height but there are some shot in busy cities. I remember a video zoomed in on a mans cigarette and when the camera zoomed out, the man was out of site.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Flat earth society has members all around the globe.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Off topic, but never bring up the flat Earth theory or shape shifting reptilians in front of Derek Stewart. I did. He proceeded to rape my brain. Lol

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    So forgive me for not being educated on the theory, but if the Earth is flat, what happens when someone circumnavigates it in a boat? How is that possible on a flat Earth?

My money is on either round Earth, or the Universe is a computer simulation.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    Flat earth society has members all around the globe.....
    This made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    the line on sight drops 8 inches every mile. So if you're looking at an object and go a mile back, the bottom of that object should be 8 inches below the horizon.
    ...except your eyes are already five or six feet off the ground?

"So, I know this is ridiculous (right?)..."

I think you should have stopped there. The whole 'line of sight'/horizon thing is bogus. Mainly because of the vast distances involved.

Explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So6gmOjaO0

Array

School
    If the Earth spins @ 1040 mph and a 747 cruises @ 500 mph, shouldn't a flight from NY to L.A. take about 2.5 hours rather than 5???

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    If the Earth spins @ 1040 mph and a 747 cruises @ 500 mph, shouldn't a flight from NY to L.A. take about 2.5 hours rather than 5???
    Newton's first law. The plane is moving at the same speed of the earth before take off, so it accelerates above that, doesn't add to it.

This is similar to thinking that if you jumped inside a plane you should smash against the back wall as it continues to go 700 miles per hour.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Newton's first law. The plane is moving at the same speed of the earth before take off, so it accelerates above that, doesn't add to it.

This is similar to thinking that if you jumped inside a plane you should smash against the back wall as it continues to go 700 miles per hour.
    I get that but you would think that their would be a difference in fuel consumption based on the direction of flight??? Like a car driving uphill consumes more fuel than a car on a straight road.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast