Arm locking myself in Crackhead control?

Hi, I'm new to the 10th planet system, I bought the book "Advanced Rubber Guard", and that's the only way I can learn it because there isn't a 10th planet academy where I live.

Anyways, I started using "crackhead control", but the only problem is I feel like I'm essentially arm locking myself with the hand that has to grab the ankle. I feel like once I throw the second foot over, and get the position of "crackhead control", their collar bone is driving into my elbow and I'm arm-barring myself.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    It sounds like the arm that you're using for Mission Control and Crackhead Control is getting way too far away from vertical. With my less-than-stellar flexibility, I also lose some of the angle in my arm when I move to Crackhead, but nothing like what you're describing. I always try to lock Mission Control on nice and tight, with my elbow down and my fist coming towards my shoulder / my elbow thrusting forwards slightly.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    your elbow should be bent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    your elbow should be bent.
    This
    Also, one of the points of the rubber guard position, is to prevent your opponent from driving through. That's why the arm is there. If he is getting that much pressure, you are not controlling his hips well enough, or engaging your hips. See BMac for little tweaks on hip engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    See BMac for little tweaks on hip engagement.
    Sorry, I'm really new, what or where is BMac?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Brandon Mccaghren, one of Eddie's black belts and head of 10th Planet Decatur. Find him on social media and subscribe to his mailing list. He's a great coach.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Think of the Mission Control forearm as a post to stop him / her coming forward, your elbow must be tucked and bent and as is the most commonly the issue you have to be on you same side hip - this will take the flexiblity battle out and give you a better range - good luck and stick with it

G

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The top of your forearm just below your wrist should be on their collar bone, not your elbow. Essentially rubber guard is like grabbing a collar tie, only you grab onto your leg instead. Position your arm as such and this issue will disappear.