Array

School
    Elite Team Paso Robles

No 10th Planet in my area.

First off this question is for anyone who can give me a real answer. I appreciate all the help ahead of time.

So I live in San Luis Obispo California. The closest 10th Planet to me is in Orange, California (where my father lives) which is a 3 hour drive for me. Im trying to find a good place to train in my area but my real question is; if i train in my own area and then twice or three times a month go down to Orange and train with those guys and if they would be ok with it or not. Im sure this is more of a question for the lead instructor for that school, but I figured Id ask on here too.

-Will Richison

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I had a very similar situation out here with the Chicago guys. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    1. The 10th Planet school is highly likely to be ok with that, though your best off calling the 10p closest to you and verifying. Consider getting some private lessons with that coach as well when you make the trip down if you can.

2. What ever other random school you join may or may not be ok with it. I would ask about cross training and then if they are good with that, specifically mention 10th planet. Do that with every school close to you your considering joining and I'd use that as part of my criteria for choosing that gym. Your likely to pick the better gym that way anyway, because that means they are likely to be a bit more open minded.

But I would 100% be upfront about your intentions with wherever you do decide to train. The will help avoid potential problems later

Array

School
    Elite Team Paso Robles
    I appreciate the help. It turns out the closest one to me is 10th Planet San Francisco. Also the gyms around here dont seem to be happy with me wanting to train at 10th palnet. Im just going to train Saturday and Sunday with 10p and then monday through friday work strength, conditioning, and flexibility. Im gonna look into the private lessons thing. Id love private lessons from anybody whos willing to teach me.

-Will Richison