Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland

Ralek Gracie to fight Garry Tonon

Do a lot of people call grappling events fights? I'm not really cool with that. I was thrown off at first mostly because as I understand it Mr. Ralek Gracie is batshit insane and probably WOULD fight someone as scary as Tonon.

Seriously though grapple, roll, face, match, vs, anything but fight. It's not exactly a fight without strikes.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    When I was at a Tonon seminar a few months ago he mentioned he was considering trying to compete in MMA. Is it a sub-only or MMA format that they are proposing?

Array

School
    Finnfighters' Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    When I was at a Tonon seminar a few months ago he mentioned he was considering trying to compete in MMA. Is it a sub-only or MMA format that they are proposing?
    Sub-only.

Tonon also said something like "I hope we can arrange a rematch with Kron sub-only, or else we'll have to wait a few years until I start competing in MMA". If I remember correctly it was his post-fight interview after his win over Maxwell in Metamoris.

I would love to see Magalhaes face Tonon with EBI rules. Ralek fight makes no sense. It won't even be competitive.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Hope he gets paid up front....

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    That's a bold move Cotton
    Let's see how it plays out for'em

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    I still don't understand whether this is a joke or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    Do a lot of people call grappling events fights? I'm not really cool with that. I was thrown off at first mostly because as I understand it Mr. Ralek Gracie is batshit insane and probably WOULD fight someone as scary as Tonon.

Seriously though grapple, roll, face, match, vs, anything but fight. It's not exactly a fight without strikes.
    What do you call 2 guys boxing or kickboxing? Same limited rule set at grappling, only different ends of the combat spectrum.
    IG - @TLAR13

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast