Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Headhunters Muay Thai and MMA Edinburgh

Ari Bolden/Submissions101 Critics

So I've been doing MMA/BJJ for about six months, and recently I've discovered that there's been a lot of criticism of Ari Bolden of Submissions101 pertaining to his training and lineage in 10th Planet, BJJ and JJJ. Just type his name into Bullshido.
    I sometimes use some of the techniques that I see Submissions101 in training and it seems to work quite well. The lockdown has been invaluable and rubber guard is a big help, especially when you can strike your opponent.
    I'd just like to know what is being argued about, from Submissions101 supporters and critics.
    Thank you

PS
    Ari, regardless of your JJJ lineage, your videos have been a great help to me and those in my gym. We sometimes use them during open mats when nobody is leading the class.
    Thank you

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Haters gonna hate. Ari is a stud and has earned his rank in each system (JJJ,BJJ and 10th Planet). I think something he got a lot of flack for was wearing his JJJ blackbelt while showing BJJ techniques. (This is just something a buddy told me so if its incorrect someone set me straight)
    #10thplanetFREAKS

I don't know the exact timeline but it seems that with the B.Q. situation, people were real fast to jump on Ari for misrepresenting himself, whether intentional or not. Of course at this point there's no doubting his legitimacy. He's jumped through all the hoops and done things the right way, training gi and achieving BJJ rank on top of his other credentials, etc. Haters really don't have much to go on anymore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    In a nutshell, a few years ago Ari made youtube BJJ instructional videos and wore his JJJ black belt. He got alot of flack for it so he stopped wearing it. Ari likes to make instructional videos but generally, the mma world doesn't like dudes making videos who have never competed. Ari then competed. Ari is now planning a trip in June to HQ to see how close he is to his brown. That's basically it. Ari has introduced ALOT of people to the 10th Planet lifestyle thru Submissions101 and has produced some bad ass tpjj phenoms, like Jean Marc "Red", Kaiser, and Tristen. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ari is at, I haven't seen him in quite a while
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

I don't think Ari really knows how many people he's helped put on the path. He was a big help to me both before and after affiliation. Your the man Ari!
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    I don't think Ari really knows how many people he's helped put on the path. He was a big help to me both before and after affiliation. Your the man Ari!
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Thanks guys

Here is the skinny. I've made mistakes in the past. As I have always stated, I was never trying to misrepresent myself-ever. Before I started BJJ or even 10th Planet, I never realized how passionate these 'guys' were. Now, several years later, I get it. I did what I needed to for Eddie. I GREW into my purple under him (2007). I started doing BJJ (gi) and started at white belt. No special treatment from Keith Owen. I am now a 2 stripe purple under him. I could sit here writing a novel. There are things I would change and others that I certainly would not. I look forward to seeing Eddie at HQ and trying for my brown.

I will do my best and see where that lands me. In the end, all I ever wanted to was to promote jiu jitsu, introduce it to people and build ideas through my site. Today, its the largest You Tube channel for Jiu Jitsu. I am more than happy to promote other teachers. We've introduced thousands of people to 10th Planet and Jiu Jitsu in general. Now with two tv deals and also a deal with the largest You Tube channel in the works, the sky is the limit.

To quote Will Smith: If you are absent from my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Finally, a heartfelt thank you to EDDIE BRAVO who helped me expand my knowledge and ALWAYS supported me. Loyalty is a two way street and not forgotten on my end.To the rest (and BJJ players who read this), just do what you do.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    shadowhouse jj 10th planet ronin
    Ari I have never met you but your youtube vids are tight bro! I have yet to meet Master Bravo also til March 3rd in Indy and can't wait! Haters going to hate but its going to end once they all realize submission only tournys take over!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast