Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne

Anyone have any experience with eye protection while grappling?

On Monday night at training, I copped a heel flush to the eye socket, and dislocated the lens in my left eye. My eyes aren't normal and healthy (yay genetics) and what might have just been a shiner for the average person was a bit more devastating for me.

I've got minor corrective surgery coming up next week, but I'm now considering getting some eye protection for sparring, freak accident or no. I've been doing some googling and found some suggestions, but I thought I'd see if anyone in the 10P community used anything specific or had come across anyone who does.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Sorry hear brother I blame heelhooks.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Peck View Post
    On Monday night at training, I copped a heel flush to the eye socket, and dislocated the lens in my left eye. My eyes aren't normal and healthy (yay genetics) and what might have just been a shiner for the average person was a bit more devastating for me.

I've got minor corrective surgery coming up next week, but I'm now considering getting some eye protection for sparring, freak accident or no. I've been doing some googling and found some suggestions, but I thought I'd see if anyone in the 10P community used anything specific or had come across anyone who does.

Meerkatsu wears a special type of sports glasses that Edgar Davids (Dutch Footballer) wears to play:

http://meerkat69.blogspot.co.uk/2012...ghted-and.html

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin, Choi institute.
    I knew a bjj guy who trained with goggles to protect his one good eye. I am not sure what he used, but it is done.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Thanks guys, appreciate the responses. I'm probably less worried about needing something corrective - if I have to it'll be contacts or my glasses for the instructional bits because I have a seriously thick lens for my right eye, and depending on the outcome of the surgery might need the same for the left. I'm mainly looking for something protective, so if I get another knock like this one I don't have to go under the knife again.