Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    none of those punches were doing anything, plus he was still outstruck by Nham. I could run around the ring windmilling for 3 rounds and win? I call BS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Jesse, I'm gonna have to agree with Sam on this one. After the fight was over, I didn't even bother to wait for the decision. I went to the bathroom instead, assuming that Nam won, no problem.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    I just loved Joe's commentating about the officiating as well. He just lit into the Nevada State Athletic Commission and he was exactly right. That was totally a bullshit decision and I'm hoping to find an explanation for it in some article or blog in the next few days. Then we know which judges to educate with a hands-on demonstration of how MMA differs from boxing.
    exactly...that's why we always gotta keep joe in the booth...he keeps it real. He said it's dumb ass decisions like this that make people point to mma and think it's rigged or dana is dialing up fights. The Athletic commisions provide the judges...and in Nevada, they are completely incompetent and know nothing about MMA....let's write some letters

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Describing Garcia as sloppy is an understatement. I think "ineffective" would be more apt. Even Garcia thought he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    I watched the fight with no volume. Garcia won. He may have gassed and thrown sloppy strikes with his hands down but he did win the first and third round.
    I dont think the crowd was listening to Rogan during the fight. I have never heard such an angry crowd response before.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Patrick View Post
    I dont think the crowd was listening to Rogan during the fight. I have never heard such an angry crowd response before.
    yeah kinda scared me lol i was waiting for some stuff to start being thrown into the octagon

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    I watched the fight with no volume. Garcia won. He may have gassed and thrown sloppy strikes with his hands down but he did win the first and third round.
    WTF are you smoking brah? I wanted Garcia to win, and knew he got handled.... What aspects did you see him winning any round? Most strikes to the fist and shin of your opp with your face??? I'm not sure but I don't think it works like that. Is there a TMA "face Kata"? Some uber secret special move like up, down, up, down, B, A, start??? that you do with your face? If so that explains the judging, they just need to let us know it's actually a strike

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    yeah i just watched the whole fight.. and i guess if i squint really hard, cross my eyes, and throw in a couple of sneezes that get me looking away during some of nam's flurries.. I could possibly come up with a decision for garcia in the first and third.. But still, id say nam won easily. You have to REALLY stretch it in order to have garcia winning a round, let alone 2. (the first round was easier to give to garcia than the 3rd though..) i agree, nam got screwed.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    An Asian brother gets no love from the judges last night. The judges saw Nam Phan with his pimped out Honda Civic in the parking lot (didn't like it) and decided to give the decision to Garcia.
    complete bull shit, I think there is still a lot of boxing influence, in the commisions, and the " Old Guard " can't let go, I say only former MMA fighters, or 1 BJJ player, 1 wrestler, & 1 muy thai fighter, all retired and not instructing should be judges so every aspect of the game is understood, and revamp the whole scoring system, takedown 1 point, submission attempt 1 point, submission escape1 point, guard pass 1 point,
    mount 2 points, back 2 points, ect reffs obviously don't understand the ground aspect, Nam had dudes back for 2 minutes

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I think it was a way to pave the way for the WEC merge by having one of their 145lbs guys come in and win a fight to ensure a good cross over...my opinino, even if Nam got the decision (which HE CLEARLY should have) it was still a great fight and mission accomplished. Garcia lost, but hes a tough little bastard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast