Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

Whats up with the judging in the UFC?

An Asian brother gets no love from the judges last night. The judges saw Nam Phan with his pimped out Honda Civic in the parking lot (didn't like it) and decided to give the decision to Garcia.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    I think that was the worst decision I've ever seen! There is no argument they could even attempt to make that would justify that decision.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    I think they just suffered from dyslexia. Cause they were straight ass backwards!

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/12/...ic-report.html

Phan dominated the fight according to Fight Metrics as well. Baffling decision.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I feel bad for Nam he should have this bs over ruled

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I just loved Joe's commentating about the officiating as well. He just lit into the Nevada State Athletic Commission and he was exactly right. That was totally a bullshit decision and I'm hoping to find an explanation for it in some article or blog in the next few days. Then we know which judges to educate with a hands-on demonstration of how MMA differs from boxing.

Array

School
    Pedro Bessa BJJ
    It's an ongoing pattern of awarding losses to guys who it appears COULD have finished the fight. Bullshit!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    There should be enough retired old MMA guys now, that the athletic commission shouldn't have to continue using these old irrelevant traditional martial arts guys that are mucking up the system.

When Joe mentioned why the 12 to 6 elbows were banned (due to fears of "deadly" brick breaking strikes being used in fights) I just imagined a bunch of old fat karate dudes haggling over a table about the need to ban death touches, the den mak, and downard brick demo elbows.

Array

School
    CSW Fullerton, CA
    Wow, I just watched the fight and only one judge got it right 30-27 Pham. Wtf!?! the other judges were on something for sure. Poor Nam...

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    I watched the fight with no volume. Garcia won. He may have gassed and thrown sloppy strikes with his hands down but he did win the first and third round.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast