Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10thPlanet HQ/Oside/Kauai
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Just fyi, though I think some shoulder flexibility is needed, I am nowhere near the flexibility Josh shows in that video. So don't get discouraged if you're also not close to where he is when you try that stretch.
    I am having a blast watching the progression of this technique. It is awesome to see it being picked up by low and high level grapplers. Outstanding Tech Support Ben Eddy!
    Last edited by Sean James; 06-24-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Thanks guys - I think it's more of a devopment of my elbow lift I need but I did hit a couple by dropping the hammer this weekend so all awesome advice!

I had the same thoughts Eddie - I'm a strong 5"8 so thought my troll legs would be an issue for Dead Orchard and Hindu Control but have been havin loads of success with both and totes agree with the muddy waters set up plus saves my hand getting trapped so better for mma I guess

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Outside of elbow lift, dropping the hammer is a good kill method. After playing with the finishing details for a while, you'll find that there are different ways to finish, all of them good. My personal preference in finishing mechanics focus on the external rotation of the elbow and the clamping of the carotids. If the ultimate goal of a choke is to deprive the brain of oxygen, I'm more likely to accomplish that goal sooner by cutting off the carotids as well as the airway. This method is requires more flexibility and dexterity though. For the lesser flexible, drop the hammer. Also, while I find the pretzel grip more secure, the s-grip is more uncomfortable as the knuckles of the fingers cut into the front of the throat in the esophagus region.

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Excellent thread, thanks guys, especially Ben. I have similar issues in that I can often get Hindu control, love it as a Jersey option, but rarely finish with Hindulotine. Can someone elaborate on Dropping the Hammer? In looking into it, I'm just getting more confused...

Also do people always set up the choke with a chin strap? ie. is a primary focus once you've got the control to establish the chin strap?
    Last edited by Sammy Jones; 07-04-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Array

School
    KJJ
    Has anyone gotten this to work in the gi? I love the hindulotine, but find it difficult to reach my hands together in the gi (the opponent's gi takes up so much space and closes up gaps like mad).

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Jones View Post
    Excellent thread, thanks guys, especially Ben. I have similar issues in that I can often get Hindu control, love it as a Jersey option, but rarely finish with Hindulotine. Can someone elaborate on Dropping the Hammer? In looking into it, I'm just getting more confused...

Also do people always set up the choke with a chin strap? ie. is a primary focus once you've got the control to establish the chin strap?
    Dropping the hammer is similar to the marcelotine guillotine where you are throwing your elbow over their shoulder. The difference here is that you have an S grip. Hindu control hand faces towards you and dropping the hammer hand faces away from you. To finish, just lift your elbows.

Chin strap isn't needed, you might decide to use it though. You just need to find the S grip, drop the hammer and then start lifting your elbows. I usually go for the S grip with my free hands elbow already raised in the "drop the hammer" position.

When they are hand fighting you and you can't find the choke, reach under their armpit to setup stocks with your Hindu hand. This will stretch them out a bit and then you can just go back to the choke. You don't have to actually setup the stocks, just reach that way to stretch them out before going back to the choke.

Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    Has anyone gotten this to work in the gi? I love the hindulotine, but find it difficult to reach my hands together in the gi (the opponent's gi takes up so much space and closes up gaps like mad).
    Haven't played with that much. I have had a few guys wear GI's while I've attempted it though and the clothing does get in the way. I'm sure there's some sort of GI choke you could find there.
    Last edited by Ben Eddy; 07-23-2016 at 11:06 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Dropping the hammer is similar to the marcelotine guillotine where you are throwing your elbow over their shoulder. The difference here is that you have an S grip. Hindu control hand faces towards you and dropping the hammer hand faces away from you. To finish, just lift your elbows.

Chin strap isn't needed, you might decide to use it though. You just need to find the S grip, drop the hammer and then start lifting your elbows. I usually go for the S grip with my free hands elbow already raised in the "drop the hammer" position.

When they are hand fighting you and you can't find the choke, reach under their armpit to setup stocks with your Hindu hand. This will stretch them out a bit and then you can just go back to the choke. You don't have to actually setup the stocks, just reach that way to stretch them out before going back to the choke.
    Coincidentally I hit Hindu Control for the very first time today (from New Jersey where I usually play Meathook, I had a flashback to one of your comments saying Hindu was a viable alternative)

I was instantly amazed with how powerful the control was, yet I had no idea how to clasp the Hindu Hand for the finish. I log on to the forums and here it is in perfect detail. Thank you Ben Eddy!

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Thanks Ben, that's huge.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    More awesome feedback thanks all - since posting this I have double my taps from Hindu control also its allowed me to experiment with The Gun Show and as Ben said the stock is becoming much more available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12