Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Fan Funded Jiujitsu Superfights?

Lets pick two people we want to see compete against one another. We'll say for example sake.. Tonon vs Marcelo. We ask each of them what it would take financially, in order to make it happen. They both agree 50k would get them on the mat for 1 sub only round.. So.. 100k total to make the match take place.

Now we've seen with Metamoris the risk we run into. What if you agree to these terms, and then the event doesn't end up making enough money to pay the fighters? Plus you have the extra expenses of making sure the staff of the organization gets paid as well.. And all the other expenses that come with running a business.. It becomes a rather pricey task to accomplish.

But what if we crowd funded it? We announce the different matches, and target goals to make the matches happen based on what the fighters say.. And then we open it to the public to donate.. would you be willing to pay 10$ to see that match? Then donate 10 dollars. how about 20$ for a whole event with 5 super fights with a total net goal of 500k?

This eliminates the risk of the event not making enough money, it eliminates a bunch of the middle men.. and it allows the fans to decide which matches take place based on what a majority wants to see. It can take place anywhere with mats. Or if we need it to be fancy, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to have a different place host it each time just for the sake of hosting epic moments in jiujitsu history. Obviously there would need to be some more details going into it before its air tight.. But overall it would have to cut back the cost of events/expenses, as well as get the fighters more guaranteed money yeah?

And I use jiujitsu as an example. But the same can be applied in MMA. Nate Diaz wants 10 million to fight Conor?.. Open it to the public. Start a crowd fun.. about 1.5 million people bought that PPV for $50.. If they would have paid the fighters directly.. 1.5 million people would have only had to pay about $13.50 to give both Diaz and Nate 10 million. 30$ a piece and we have enough to pay 24 more fighters a million a piece.. which is an absurd amount to pay an entire fight card. For less money than we pay now..

Stream it live on the internet.. Or I'm sure theres plenty of channels willing to pay money to host these super events.. And the organization can keep that money for making it happen under their banner. I just like the idea of crowd funding taking 100% of the money from fans, and placing it directly into the competitors hands.. So yeah.. Is this a feasible option?

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    I think its a brilliant idea.