Array

School
    Akron, Ohio. Predator bjj

Having trouble with the Invisble collar from rubber guard

So I can get to the invisible collar no problem, but finishing it is my problem. When people tap from it, they say its because their collar bone feels like its about to break. I thought it was supposed to be a choke? I figured I'm not doing it right because I cant get some people with it. If anybody can help me with some tips or tricks that would be great! Thank you.

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Invisible Collar isn't primarily a submission, it's a control position. Like you say, some people can't take the pressure on their collar bone and will tap to it, but in general that's not going to happen. Invisible Collar is a launchpad to other options like Muddy Waters, the Sorcerer, Invisible Croc, Gogoplata, Jiu Claw, etc. Hope that helps

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    it's tough because invisible collar is like the best control position in all of jiu jitsu... so once you're there, you're really really safe and secure. But to tap the guy you have to give up some control to engage a submission. I always cry a little when I leave IC and move into something else because a lot of the time, that's where it falls apart. That's why I'm still a whitebelt I guess...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It's not a choke. Definitely a pain submission on the collar bone. But when it's done really well it hurts so bad. We have a Blue Belt (Greyson Holmes) who can nearly make me scream from this spot. I have to avoid his closed guard at all costs.

That having been said, many people won't tap to it. Use it to make them uncomfortable and advance through the path. What do they offer you to relieve the discomfort? Put your focus into drilling those options and you will find success with it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Akron, Ohio. Predator bjj
    Thank you everybody for the responses!