Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal

Headquarters position

So I've been playing the headquarters passing game a lot recently(a la Rafael Lovato jr/Demian Maia). I've been having a ton of success and find it pretty useful against both lockdown and leglock guys. I got the nogi passing series by lovato and despite it being a bit pricey find it a great buy.

Just wondering if anyone else plays this and has any tips on it or on shutting it down.

If you like darces or guillotines it's a great passing style to set them up.

Cheers!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    That position is one of my bases for passing. It's a great place to really shut the other guy down and begin to take away his offensive opportunities. There's a video of Rafa Mendes doing a passing drill on YouTube that really compliments this Headquarters position very well. Together they create a super strong passing sequence.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    So I've been playing the headquarters passing game a lot recently(a la Rafael Lovato jr/Demian Maia). I've been having a ton of success and find it pretty useful against both lockdown and leglock guys. I got the nogi passing series by lovato and despite it being a bit pricey find it a great buy.

Just wondering if anyone else plays this and has any tips on it or on shutting it down.

If you like darces or guillotines it's a great passing style to set them up.

Cheers!
    Eric Ramey, a black belt who teaches the leg lock class at Headquarters, loves Maia's passing system.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    That position is one of my bases for passing. It's a great place to really shut the other guy down and begin to take away his offensive opportunities. There's a video of Rafa Mendes doing a passing drill on YouTube that really compliments this Headquarters position very well. Together they create a super strong passing sequence.
    I will have to look this up for sure

Array

School
    Icon Jiu Jitsu
    can you guys post some links to youtube videos about that pass ? thank you ...