Thread: Wrestling Shoes

Array

School
    Elite Team Paso Robles

Wrestling Shoes

What are your thoughts on wearing wrestling shoes during submission grappling? Id really love to hear the pros and cons of wearing them.

Thank you all,
    W.Richison

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wear them if you want your knees and ankles fucked up.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Personally I would not wear any kind of shoe when training or competing.

Its personal preference honestly. I personally wouldn't wear them in competition but a lot of Sambo guys wear shoes in training to help develop leg lock defense, as (if you are training with leg locks) it will be easier to leg lock you. I have also seen people wear shoes due to injuries to their foot. Also as Michael said above, wearing shoes would also provide a realistic setting for self defense training..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    Its personal preference honestly. I personally wouldn't wear them in competition but a lot of Sambo guys wear shoes in training to help develop leg lock defense, as (if you are training with leg locks) it will be easier to leg lock you. I have also seen people wear shoes due to injuries to their foot. Also as Michael said above, wearing shoes would also provide a realistic setting for self defense training..
    Sambofki are not wrestling shoes, and hinder escaping far less than wrestling shoes as they are soft soled. This issue is the grip that the rubber soles give when practicing rotational/twisting leg locks (which are not legal in sport Sambo) and some throws that require pivoting.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Nay.

Array

School
    Elite Team Paso Robles
    Mr Herzog are the man I was most hoping to give your opinion on this. I greatly appreciate not only your opinion but to the other gentlemen as well.

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    I don't like them.
    Don't believe everything you think.