Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate

Vaporizer question

Rolled with a lot bigger stronger brown belt and got to the vaporizer, had like a 90 degree bend in his knee and dude was just too strong for me to break the leg down with him kicking out as hard as he could, any suggestions on breaking the leg down past getting ahold oif the tips of the toes? He just put the boot on so hard I spent a good solid minute straight trying to get that leg to bend further before moving on.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Quote Originally Posted by BradEdmondson View Post
    Rolled with a lot bigger stronger brown belt and got to the vaporizer, had like a 90 degree bend in his knee and dude was just too strong for me to break the leg down with him kicking out as hard as he could, any suggestions on breaking the leg down past getting ahold oif the tips of the toes? He just put the boot on so hard I spent a good solid minute straight trying to get that leg to bend further before moving on.
    Did you try pushing your heel with your free leg and pulling with both hands? I know he'll do everything not to tap because he's a brown belt

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post
    Did you try pushing your heel with your free leg and pulling with both hands? I know he'll do everything not to tap because he's a brown belt
    I didn't make the switch because he's so ridiculously strong I was worried about my leg getting tweaked while he was struggling during the switch but could be that's what I'll have to do. He's the strongest guy I've ever rolled with, I was like in shock that I couldn't get his leg to finish the bend. Granted I'm not very strong and I was exhausted from getting my ass kicked for a bunch of rolls before this.

Array

School
    A lot of the real big or ridiculously strong guys I feel like I have to support my leg with a figure four to keep my knee safe, I had sprained my knee a little once when I didn't have the extra support during a calf crank and a few times during crotch rippers especially off kuyie ((no idea how to spell it)) control.

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Bring your other leg into play. Kamikaze is a good option against big dudes where you struggle to bend the leg.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Quote Originally Posted by BradEdmondson View Post
    A lot of the real big or ridiculously strong guys I feel like I have to support my leg with a figure four to keep my knee safe, I had sprained my knee a little once when I didn't have the extra support during a calf crank and a few times during crotch rippers especially off kuyie ((no idea how to spell it)) control.
    I completely agree with you on this one. Once I sprained my knee and was out for 6 months. Although I got no surgery done but it healed ok (9 tails chakra lol) but a month into training again, I caught a lad in samurai roll to truck. He asked me to show it to him, I was showing it to him in slow motion and he just tried to jerk out before I could support it. I audibly heard my knee pop. But I was lucky, this time I was only out for 3weeks. So hell yea, be extremely cautious of your knee.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post
    I completely agree with you on this one. Once I sprained my knee and was out for 6 months. Although I got no surgery done but it healed ok (9 tails chakra lol) but a month into training again, I caught a lad in samurai roll to truck. He asked me to show it to him, I was showing it to him in slow motion and he just tried to jerk out before I could support it. I audibly heard my knee pop. But I was lucky, this time I was only out for 3weeks. So hell yea, be extremely cautious of your knee.
    Yeah I've changed the way I do it over the last couple years to kinda help keep my knee a little safer, I've never had an issue during the roll itself but I had quite a few on crotch rippers and banana splits when I went to side kick the guys heel and the crotch ripper from kuyie control which I avoid completely if the guy is wild at all. There's some things I just won't even try now from the truck if the guy is bigger, stronger and going berserk.