Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by jstdoit1112 View Post
    Mother in laws, and Grandmother hate it when you say " No thanks I am dieting "
    dude...it's like you told them to go die or something...I don't get it. I'm like, look...the doctor said if I keep eating this stuff I'm going to die...please...seriously....lol

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hoback View Post
    Heard of this before, good to see it's working for you. I've been playing around with Popovitch's diet, it's been pretty good so far. It's basically just stressing digestive efficiency, with the main rule being not mixing animal protein and carbs in the same meal.
    I found the "Milk - Never (only babies should have milk)" part a bit odd. But everything else looks good.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoplata View Post
    I found the "Milk - Never (only babies should have milk)" part a bit odd. But everything else looks good.
    Milk has extra large protein molecules IIRC. Which would make sense to leave it out in the context of that diet. Everyone is lactose-intolerant to some degree. I happen to be very tolerant, and can enjoy some chocolate milk PWO. On the other hand, my daughter gets migraines if she drinks milk.

Array

School
    10th Planet Headquarters
    i have been on the paleo diet and basically lost 10lbs, but it's a tough diet to be on all the time, and definitely expensive if you want to get the best bison and game.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
    i have been on the paleo diet and basically lost 10lbs, but it's a tough diet to be on all the time, and definitely expensive if you want to get the best bison and game.
    i was just thinking that. diets like paleo or any other diet usually require 2 things: money and time......well the time part is mostly discipline...but if you want to cook some of these meals to detail, you have to put in the time and also be willing to purchase those certain foods and eating them consistently. if you eat these meals as you rush out or skip them to do work, family, life, etc. it's usually a sign to get a schedule and follow it. ;/

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    i was just thinking that. diets like paleo or any other diet usually require 2 things: money and time......well the time part is mostly discipline...but if you want to cook some of these meals to detail, you have to put in the time and also be willing to purchase those certain foods and eating them consistently. if you eat these meals as you rush out or skip them to do work, family, life, etc. it's usually a sign to get a schedule and follow it. ;/
    I don't find it that hard to leave out certain foods (grains, dairy). If you do it like Charlene is talking with grass-fed beef and organic veggies yes it can get expensive. I'm not that hardcore when I'm eating clean. I'll get a Chipolte salad or go to a fast food place for lunch and get two side salads and a cheeseburger (toss the bun).

The hard part is avoiding social situations like at my work where everyone wants to go to pizza buffet or Chinese buffet, etc. At home it's easier because you eat the basic meal (protein, veg, starch) and double the veg and skip the starch. For example if I make chicken, broccoli and rice for my family I'll just skip the rice.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hoback View Post
    Heard of this before, good to see it's working for you. I've been playing around with Popovitch's diet, it's been pretty good so far. It's basically just stressing digestive efficiency, with the main rule being not mixing animal protein and carbs in the same meal.
    White bread with olive oil, for real? I've never heard of such a thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12