Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 days on the Paleo diet, i lost 15 lbs....

I searched and only found one thread about the Paleo Diet so I thought I would share my experience thus far.

Let me start with this time last year I was at 301lbs and continuing to lose weight but then suffered a knee injury that kept me from training. During that same time my woman was preggars, and well I started eating shitty and completely stopped watching my diet. By October, I had finally ballooned up to 363lbs and I had it! So I started as I started riding my bike about 4 miles every morning, I am up to 8 miles every morning and I do about 40 during the weekends, and I was watching what I ate. So by last week I was at 335 and had been for about two weeks. (I was able to keep a strict diet during Thanksgiving and not gain any weight.). So I was sort of pissed that I was at a plateau, so I called my old Muay Thai Instructor and asked him for advice. Hey said “try the Paleo Diet, I have been on it for months.”

So I did my homework and started it last week Tuesday I was at 335. Today I weight my self (same scale in my bathroom) and I weighed 320.6 lbs. I have kept everything the same except for the diet. I’m not starving myself, I actually find myself always eating a banana, apple, couple grapes, hell I have even eaten a tomato, but I think this has been a good change.

Well I wanted to know if anyone else has used this and what are your likes/dislikes?

http://www.paleodiet.com/

Cliff notes :

Last year I weighed 301, gained weight to 363.
    Started losing weight again and was stuck at 335, started the Paleo Diet, about a week ago and now I am 320.6 lbs

By the way the link i posted is a link for information, I am not a scammer, bot or a troll! I just thought someone would like info.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I am a huge advocate of primal/paleo eating. Just some observations:

1. Any diet you will lose quickly at first. I'm not saying that to discourage you. Just know Paleo is not a silver bullet and it will still take time to lose weight.

2. Robb Wolf has taken Cordains research and improved on it X100 so look him up.

3. Paleo is not "low-carb" don't deprive yourself of vegetables and fruits. For paleo peoples it was a lot easier gathering than hunting. Look in into Mark Sisson "Primal Blueprint". Him and his devotees have figured out some good carb %'s. It will take a little experimentation but you'll find the zone.

4. Read "Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival" classic Paleo info.

5. Add some resistance training to your routine.

Cliff Notes:
    Eat meat, vegetables, some fruits and natural oils from nuts and seeds, Lift heavy things, run a little and get sleep.

Heard of this before, good to see it's working for you. I've been playing around with Popovitch's diet, it's been pretty good so far. It's basically just stressing digestive efficiency, with the main rule being not mixing animal protein and carbs in the same meal.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    So on this diet i can eat all the magic mushrooms i want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Bloom View Post
    I am a huge advocate of primal/paleo eating. Just some observations:

1. Any diet you will lose quickly at first. I'm not saying that to discourage you. Just know Paleo is not a silver bullet and it will still take time to lose weight.

2. Robb Wolf has taken Cordains research and improved on it X100 so look him up.

3. Paleo is not "low-carb" don't deprive yourself of vegetables and fruits. For paleo peoples it was a lot easier gathering than hunting. Look in into Mark Sisson "Primal Blueprint". Him and his devotees have figured out some good carb %'s. It will take a little experimentation but you'll find the zone.

4. Read "Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival" classic Paleo info.

5. Add some resistance training to your routine.

Cliff Notes:
    Eat meat, vegetables, some fruits and natural oils from nuts and seeds, Lift heavy things, run a little and get sleep.
    thank you sir !
    1. true i was just shocked how quickly it was. honestly never happen with other times previous diets.
    2. I will do so.
    3. I read Cordians book and book and am eating lots of veggies and fruits.
    4. will do so.
    5. About three times a week i work out with some kettlebells.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    So on this diet i can eat all the magic mushrooms i want.
    Technically yes but, your mind might not be able to handle it :thumbsup:

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Yeah, your first 10%, being a big guy like me, is always easy. I got up to 349 and got down to 295 relatively quickly. I somehow allowed myself to get up to 314 and platued. But I've been eating like crap the past month and all the jiu jitz in the world ain't helping me. Heck the jiu jitz is stoping me from getting back up to 349. Mother in law is moving the hell out and we're getting our kitchen back so this will be amazing in finally taking control of what goes in my mouth.

Mother in laws, and Grandmother hate it when you say " No thanks I am dieting "

Quote Originally Posted by jstdoit1112 View Post
    Mother in laws, and Grandmother hate it when you say " No thanks I am dieting "
    Haha that's true! It's a trade-off between two guilts: whether to let down your family by turning down their delicious food, or letting yourself down for cheating your diet. I usually have a cheat day every week anyway so that's how I justify it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast