Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ

10th Planet Lombard Blowin' up

I'll give you the abridged version. I moved to Lombard from Indianapolis via Chicago and have jumped around at gyms, while keeping loyalty to my original gym. I inquired at two gi schools in the western suburbs but they did not want to train someone who was not willing to switch teams. I called up Omar at 10P Lombard, about a mile from my new crib, and it was 100% peace and love. I dropped in last night and wasn't surprised to see his white belts who've been around 6 or 7 months always on the attack, relatively sharp all around, and savage spirit. He's doing good work here, and I'm proud to say I'll be joining for the foreseeable future.

I asked if anyone else was on the forums, Omar said 'yea kinda' and something along the lines of 'Eddie gave me some shit about it a couple years back about how I'm never on it.' If he's reading this, props. If not, let me do a call out to anyone in the area to come drop in and get some training. Traditional marketing has given way to the days of social media and networking. If there are other guys in the western suburbs of Chi-town reading this, please feel free to connect so we can get on the same mat sooner rather than later. Word is 10p Lombard will be relocating to a bigger facility in the near future.

This is a call-out! Who's in the area!?!? What are some good open mats 'round these parts?

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Great to hear all the great things coming from Lombard and Chicago...the Midwest is making a lot of noise!

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    I stopped out to see the spot and hang for a few at the grand opening when I was injured but I haven't visited again since I'm just so busy at my spot. I'll try to visit sometime here though, glad to hear it's going well.

Grew up about 30 mins from there so I did a few backflips when I saw 10p Lombard was open. Great news for the burbs. Hoping to get every hometown sloth in there and whip them in to shape. My buddy Eric listens to the fight companion and keeps talking about getting in there so I'm sure you will see him soon!

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego / Lombard
    Started training there a few weeks ago ( just arrived in San Diego to train for a few weeks here ) and you won't find a better group of loveable weirdos in the area. I grew up 15 min away and there has never been a school of this caliber in the area. If you believe working hard and acting like a freak aren't mutually exclusive then this is the place for you. I suspect Omar has brain damage from getting choked so often ( SHOTS FIRED !!! BLAT, BLAT, BLAT !!! ) but that's good for the students, class is a real hoot.

I also happen to be helping Omar find a permanent warehouse space and we're down to playing two different spaces against each other so hopefully we will be moving into that permanent space very soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    The beautiful thing about 10th planet in general is the continuous pursuit of high level knowledge and training partners with no regard for politics. It doesn't matter where you train, all should stop by for a class!