Array

School
    Vandry BJJ Austin

getting footlocked from truck

Preface: I don't train at a 10p gym, but i've been a member here for MTS for a while, regularly implement 10p technique into my game.

Im not sure if this is a size issue (im huge) or if im missing a detail and opening myself up, but im getting footlocked almost every time i roll to the truck on this particular guy.

Common scenario:

I have the back on our side, lower hook is in deep, but he's beating the top hook.

He powers out to turtle up, i sit up, turn off his back and grab his far shin and sit back for the truck.

Almost every time he grabs the foot of my deep hook and pulls on it, solid lock/pain and gets the tap.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you not putting in the figure four/lockdown with your legs? Don't see how he could grab the foot if you lock it down.

Personally I prefer Kamikaze lock down these days for ultimate truck control although it's best as last resort

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    When you have the leg grapevined, are you going ankle to ankle?

Array

School
    Vandry BJJ Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    When you have the leg grapevined, are you going ankle to ankle?

Never thought about it before, but my legs are so long its shin to ankle at best, but now that i put some thought to it, i may have a lax angle there.

Im guessing by the question, it should be similiar to lockdown, stretching out (high dive) to solidify the position?

Check the leg lock MTS, the thing I showed was a heel hook that can be vulnerable while you are in truck position as well as how to stop it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2zVdl9mw_s

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Canders View Post
    Check the leg lock MTS, the thing I showed was a heel hook that can be vulnerable while you are in truck position as well as how to stop it.

That's pretty cool, had never thought much about that foot being in danger, no one's gone for it on me. Alex do you generally feel like the other foot is pretty safe? I've had guys try to calf crank and mess with that foot a lot when I have my own calf crank and there's one monster of a guy where it got me nervous enough and I tapped. Dude is ridiculously strong compared to me though. Any tips for when you have the figure four and they start making you nervous by messing with that foot or how to avoid them getting ahold of it?

Brad, yes I feel the other foot is fairly safe, even if dangling. Safer if the entanglement is extended on the foot. Extending the legs will bring your foot flush to theirs and make it harder to grab as well as angle their body away from your feet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Canders View Post

Good stuff. Thanks for posting this. This has become my brother's go to when I get him in the truck. I tap a lot to this bullshit, lol.

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Awesome just saw the reply, thanks Alex, had people try to break my foot off there