Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Mike Nall gave you a ton of useful info. All those people listed for specific games is super helpful to anyone's game. Straight BJJ filter! I don't particularly think the Heel Hook is king, but a better description would be that there are so many ways to heel hook someone + exponential routes to get to the oh so many heel hooks, making it one of the highest percentage subs. Whereas, there are only a few ways to footlock, knee bar, toe hold, or calf slice/knee compression someone. But, each type of leg-lock submission is just as effective as the other when executed brilliantly. Also, keep in mind that some people may be better suited for certain subs vs others due to body type, physical capability, or how it plays into their general game.
    For a beginner I would recommend, other than the above mentioned methods, 1) to work on all leg flexibility and 2) drilling grambies all around and through a partner's legs. Flexibility helps me catch people in awkward positions as well as allowing sneaky transitions. Practicing going inverted and through LEGS will greatly increase your maneuvering ability into any leg-lock sub. But, there are plenty entries into someone's open guard. Man I could go on forever and possibly contradict myself as I dive deeper into my mental hardrive.
    Pick 3 of your favorite subs and work on perfecting their execution through drills then rolls. Also, work on 2 or 3 entries into each sub. That could keep you busy for at least 6 months. 3subs x 2entry/transitions x 2 legs = min. 12 ways to leg-lock someone. I guarantee if you follow that method it will equal more than 12 ways to leg-lock because of how it will unlock your jiu jitsu mind! ����✌️����

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Mike Nall gave you some awesome people to look at for specific subs that would benefit anyone's game. Straight "BJJ filter" button I wish I had early on.
    In my personal opinion I wouldn't say the heel hook is king. Rather, there are so many ways to heel hook someone and even more ways to transition into the oh so many ways to heel hook someone. Whereas, there are a few ways to foot lock, knee bar, toe hold, or calf slice/knee compression someone. Making the heel hook higher percentage due to sheer numbers. But, each are just as effective as the other depending on the level of execution. Keeping in mind that one (two or three) sub(s) may be better for certain people due to body type, physical capability, and how well it works into an individual's game. For a beginner, I would recommend working on all leg flexibility and drilling grambies around and through a partner's legs. My flexibility has helped me catch people in the most random positions as well as being stealth with it. Gramby drilling using a partner's legs helps with your movements and attacks on an opponents legs. Also, one could work on enteries into someone's open guard. I could go on forever as I sit here scouring my mental hardrive. Let's make it easier: pick 3 leg-locks and 2 or 3 entries to work on for each sub. That should keep you busy for at least 6 months because 3subs x 2entries x 2legs = minimum 12 ways to leg-lock someone. With that said, I guarantee that if you master those three you will have more than 12 working leg-locks in your game because you will have unlocked your jiu jitsu mind! ����✌️️��

Array

School
    Gracie Palm Harbor (purple in regular BJJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Learning control and connection is the first key detail. Understanding that the heel hook is king, is also going to help you progress faster. Listen to the folks who are competitive with leg locks. Focusing on people proving what they teach will help you to drown out the noise a little easier.
    Hey Sean I really like your stuff I've been able to find online. Any chance you could post a vid of that figure 8 flow?

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    The heel hook is king based on efficiency and over all damage. Those two factors will determine percentage.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Battaile Fauber View Post
    Hey Sean I really like your stuff I've been able to find online. Any chance you could post a vid of that figure 8 flow?
    Let me see what I can find. Thanks for the support, man!

Array

School
    Memphis Judo and Jiu Jitsu
    update:

So I installed the reaper into my game and it was successful for those who engaged my butterfly guard. Now opponents are more wary and don't engage the butterfly at all (also stay bent with legs back) but try to pass altogether more D1 warmups style. When you want to attack this defensive passing and don't have the shin to shin option where are you guys going. What have you found more successful? Arm drags? Sliding to catch an ankle into de la riva. Stand and start over? "Pull Harris"? Thx.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBat415 View Post
    For a beginner, I would recommend working on all leg flexibility and drilling grambies around and through a partner's legs. My flexibility has helped me catch people in the most random positions as well as being stealth with it. Gramby drilling using a partner's legs helps with your movements and attacks on an opponents legs.����✌️️��
    will do

Array

School
    I cant express how much this thread has helped me. But, the more I study I find questions and so is life.

In the 10th planet Butterfly Warm Ups the focus seems more geared to obtaining Spiderweb with a few other things sprinkled in. Is this because of the EBI ruleset being heavy with spiderweb and back control? Does 10th planet have a warmup for leglockers out there? Or does each school just do their own thing like drill honey hole and DOA reversals for a warmup. Also, in the episodes such as "Lock you legs up" there isn't much of a flow to the techniques so it feels like I'm drilling too many pieces and being unproductive instead of a smooth series like the Herzog Reaper series. Has anyone actually put some those techniques together? Finally, is the 80/20 leg lock dvd worth it?

Thx in advance

The B1, D3 and G2 Warm Ups have some solid leg lock entries and finishes. Those could be good to check out.

Array

School
    u da man alex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast