Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ

Rubber guard in the gi

Hey y'all, I'm reaching out to see if anyone has any links or can point me in the right direction of who to study and/or get in contact with to learn rubber guard in the gi on a deeper level. I figure throughout the system there has to be some people who have put some time into this and I'd be greatly interested to see what they've come up with. Thanks so much.

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    I think Magnus Hansson, 10th Planet Sweden is big into 10th planet in the Gi.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    I think Magnus Hansson, 10th Planet Sweden is big into 10th planet in the Gi.
    I'm aware of his existence. Does he have any resources online and/or can anyone on this forum who trains with him convince him to come onto the forum?

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I use 10P shit all of the time, when I roll in the gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I also use 10th planet moves in Gi. there are benefits to both Gi and no Gi, and one of the benefits to no Gi is, it usually seems to translate pretty well into Gi. This coming from a white belt of course....

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    I use RG in the gi. Some stuff is harder, like the zombie. There's more fabric, but some guys will also grab my collar to make it even harder to zombie. That grip also blocks the Duda.

I don't use x-chokes, but if I did I would probably be working on a way to set that up from crackhead or whatever.

Let us know if you figure out any tricks!

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    A path I end up using quite a bit is: New york > clear the neck > Chill dog (left hand hugging knee) > Crow bar (left hand) with Kung fu move > Switch the crow bar out, by reaching with my right hand over the top of my own left shin and under his throat while with pulling my left hand crowbar out, grab his far collar (with my right hand). Basically a Carni like position with a far side collar grip (using my right hand), you can go for the choke or try and finish the shoulder lock.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Bump your hips up, hard, when they're holding your collar while you're trying to zombie..
    The bump up helps strip the grip, and immediately drop your hips back down, so you can hug your knee. It doesn't always work, but then again, nothing ever does..

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    Bump your hips up, hard, when they're holding your collar while you're trying to zombie..
    The bump up helps strip the grip, and immediately drop your hips back down, so you can hug your knee. It doesn't always work, but then again, nothing ever does..
    I checked out Ben Eddy's video about zombieing the hand and avoiding the pitfall many rubber guard players make which is trying to zombie the elbow. I think your principle would coincide great with that as it relates to gi. I'm gonna hit the lab on this one

Am new to a gi jits school after only having done done no gi to start ...Havent had that much success with rubber guard in a gi ...im sure it can happen .However , lockdown in a gi ....STONE COLD KILLER ....am finding that my opponents struggle to beat the lockdown in a gi ...which translates into more time to explore all the available paths from there

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast