Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC

Getting in good training with asthma

The title pretty much says it all. Been dealing with asthma for years but it's getting WAY worse as I get older.

I'm on a daily medication and I still have to hit my inhaler pretty much every class. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could try so that I'm not constantly having to put myself in time out all the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    One thing you can try is switching to a Ketogenic diet. There are many reports of people getting significant relief from Asthma using this diet.

Array

School
    Oregon Pound Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    I'm on a daily medication and I still have to hit my inhaler pretty much every class. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could try so that I'm not constantly having to put myself in time out all the time.
    Try this:
    When you feel your chest tighten, take a second and sit up straight. Place the tip of your tongue right behind your front teeth where they meet the gums and breath in and out through your nose and mouth at the same time. Controlling your breath rate can slow down and sometimes stop an attack. Also may be time to try a new daily med?

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I'd be all over this if I didn't live in Mike Pence's image of Indiana. You can have all the suboxone or methadone you want, but you lose your job and go to jail for personal use cannabis.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Do you eat foods containing partially hydrogenated oils? They gave me asthma since I was a little kid. Didnt know until I did elimination dieting before there was a name for it. Thought I would never be able to easily run a mile without passing out. Also thought I had bad allergies in allergy season but when I stopped eat the p.h.o. my allergies stopped messing with me. I can tell Ive eating it because Ill get allergy symptoms that are not helped with allergy medicine

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Do you eat foods containing partially hydrogenated oils? They gave me asthma since I was a little kid. Didnt know until I did elimination dieting before there was a name for it. Thought I would never be able to easily run a mile without passing out. Also thought I had bad allergies in allergy season but when I stopped eat the p.h.o. my allergies stopped messing with me. I can tell Ive eating it because Ill get allergy symptoms that are not helped with allergy medicine
    I'll have to look into that. Never heard of it being an issue.

hey man I used to have asthma but I started drinkin water to calm inflammation and once i got into good shape from jits it went away.... even cats only cause minor problems that go away in an hour... I don't know if this helps but I also stopped taking my inhalers, everytime I began using them I needed them more and more, almost like they're part of the problem. tough it out instead of using them everytime

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Bernard View Post
    hey man I used to have asthma but I started drinkin water to calm inflammation and once i got into good shape from jits it went away.... even cats only cause minor problems that go away in an hour... I don't know if this helps but I also stopped taking my inhalers, everytime I began using them I needed them more and more, almost like they're part of the problem. tough it out instead of using them everytime
    Yeah, I for sure don't use it every time because it gives me the shakes, and if it's later in the evening I can't sleep. My dr said the same thing, if I rely on it too much it can start dependency.

Have you tried Advair or something similar? Advair changed the game for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast