Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Carter View Post
    I remember he was showing my an Estima lock one day and it left a massive shoeprint on his white shirt just before we walked into a briefing and our director was like "WTF is on your shirt?"
    That Estima lock is some awesome stuff, although I have yet to accomplish it on sweater no-gi-ers lol.

This is really hilarious. I can imagine multiple funny office scenarios when two of you are showing off techniques between breaks.
    Someone walks in the office while you guys are going through a closed guard break, how do you explain that lmao.

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    That Estima lock is some awesome stuff, although I have yet to accomplish it on sweater no-gi-ers lol.

This is really hilarious. I can imagine multiple funny office scenarios when two of you are showing off techniques between breaks.
    Someone walks in the office while you guys are going through a closed guard break, how do you explain that lmao.
    By far the most awkward was him showing me the step over Kimura where my head was firmly positioned between his legs while he sat on my head; which is about the time the rest of the team walked in. I took some crap for that for a long time

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    I've met such a diverse set of people through jiu jitsu, it's incredible in that way of bringing people from all walks of life onto the same page.
    So I'm just curious to hear about everyones story

I agree. I met a knife-maker( https://www.facebook.com/Big-D-Knives-440760489412821/ ) who said the same thing, that he's met the most wide range of people. He was n2 knives early in his life, like 8, was reading a magazine with some bad-ass from Benchmade, ended up becoming good friends with dude in later in his adult life. Life be cray.. I love Wilderness Survival: https://randallsadventure.com/
    “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”
    ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"I am truly a ‘lone traveler’ and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude---feelings which increase with the years." -- Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions

"Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. Everything science has taught me, and continues to teach me, strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death." -- Wernher von Braun

"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." -- Carl von Clausewitz, On War

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    So, was the purpose of this thread was so you could throw in a cheap plug? lol

Giggity.

hehe

"I am truly a ‘lone traveler’ and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude---feelings which increase with the years." -- Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions

"Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. Everything science has taught me, and continues to teach me, strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death." -- Wernher von Braun

"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." -- Carl von Clausewitz, On War

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    He was n2 knives early in his life, like 8, was reading a magazine with some bad-ass from Benchmade, ended up becoming good friends with dude in later in his adult life.

*was reading a magazine with bad-ass from Benchmade on the cover of magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Patt Holloman View Post
    I agree. I met a knife-maker( https://www.facebook.com/Big-D-Knives-440760489412821/ ) who said the same thing, that he's met the most wide range of people. He was n2 knives early in his life, like 8, was reading a magazine with some bad-ass from Benchmade, ended up becoming good friends with dude in later in his adult life. Life be cray.. I love Wilderness Survival: https://randallsadventure.com/
    Sick dude. With a whole global based community that has a skill set covering every field I could imagine some awesome innovation. Like with that knife guy and krav maga, maybe they could create some subgenre of jiu jitsu that involves knife simulation lol. Palm strikes are awesome so I don't see why not.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    Oh shoot I thought for a second 10th Planet Mobile was Jiu Jitsu on wheels, I was excited lol. Imagine that, portable mats, setting up in parks, and traveling around teaching seminars.

What direction is that? Social media? If you don't mind me asking.
    In several aspects but primarily the business aspect. The hardest transition was going from something I just really liked to do and then turn it into something that money is tied into. It wasn't an easy transition at first on the business side.

10th Planet Mobile, Al. Pronounced Mo-Beel. I bet a lot of people think that, maybe I should go on a internet 10p campaign to make people aware we arent a "mobile" 10th Planet. Luckily the only people who are confused don't live here, so it doesn't affect my local market, and that's who pays the bills.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    My main hustle for the last 20 years has been web design, with the last 10 focused on WordPress. I still love design and development, plus it funds my passion for DJn and production. I'm currently diggin' for a new/used drum machine, leaning back and forth between an MPC 2500 and Maschine. I'm really into skratching, so want to make beats on the fly, then cut over them live. Here's a practice skratch session: https://soundcloud.com/lordjhouse/skratch-sesh

Peace.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    My side hustle is firewood. Full cords and dry

Array

School
    Lookin'
    ^^^ That's what my friend is doing here in Fort Collins, CO, and from what I understand, he's supporting himself well from all the deadwood around these parts. Also helps he's a flourishing florist

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast