Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    In several aspects but primarily the business aspect. The hardest transition was going from something I just really liked to do and then turn it into something that money is tied into. It wasn't an easy transition at first on the business side.
    It's not easy but it's definitely an accomplishment.

I just recently managed to achieve the goal of turning what I love into a way of pay. However it's not always the exact thing that you love that first becomes profitable, more of around the general area. But that's part of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    My side hustle is firewood. Full cords and dry
    That's fascinating! In what process are you involved in? The actual "chopping" or processing? Or selling, I'm not familiar at all with the terminology of a profession involving firewood haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    My main hustle for the last 20 years has been web design, with the last 10 focused on WordPress. I still love design and development, plus it funds my passion for DJn and production. I'm currently diggin' for a new/used drum machine, leaning back and forth between an MPC 2500 and Maschine. I'm really into skratching, so want to make beats on the fly, then cut over them live. Here's a practice skratch session: https://soundcloud.com/lordjhouse/skratch-sesh

Peace.
    Awesome stuff, man. I'd recommend machine simply because I'm a native instruments fanboy. If you're ever in LA come by the studio and I'll let you try it out :P

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    That's fascinating! In what process are you involved in? The actual "chopping" or processing? Or selling, I'm not familiar at all with the terminology of a profession involving firewood haha.
    http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mc-mc.nsf/eng/lm03963.html

From collecting it, bucking it, splitting it, curing it, to delivery.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    Awesome stuff, man. I'd recommend machine simply because I'm a native instruments fanboy. If you're ever in LA come by the studio and I'll let you try it out :P
    Thanks man. Yeah, I'm NI fan too, I have a Traktor Z2 mixer that's pretty dope and sounds amazing. Maschine interfaces with it really well, plus the work flow is really solid, both making me lean towards Maschine. How do you like Maschine Studio? Been seriously thinking about copping that, but it's a little spendy.

May hit you up when I'm back in LA. I'm originally from, gasp, the OC, and often return to skate and see homiez, family, traffic...

Dope studio BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    Thanks man. Yeah, I'm NI fan too, I have a Traktor Z2 mixer that's pretty dope and sounds amazing. Maschine interfaces with it really well, plus the work flow is really solid, both making me lean towards Maschine. How do you like Maschine Studio? Been seriously thinking about copping that, but it's a little spendy.

May hit you up when I'm back in LA. I'm originally from, gasp, the OC, and often return to skate and see homiez, family, traffic...

Dope studio BTW.
    It's pretty damn fun. The only thing is after some time I found myself using it less. Well, any type of midi controler outside the keyboard. It's unfortunate, I blame music for mainly sticking to 4 to the floor lol (excuses). I've been getting super into guitar and I feel like it's super important for me to master it.

o no not the OC, jk. I go there once or twice a week and hit up 10th Planet orange. There's an open mat every sunday at 12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mc-mc.nsf/eng/lm03963.html

From collecting it, bucking it, splitting it, curing it, to delivery.
    "do not accept terms such as "face cord", "stove cord", "truckload" or "trunkful"" lol! Sounds like an interesting business.
    I always wanted to be to that guy like in "Dirty Jobs" that travels around experiencing and getting different perspectives from all the various jobs that are out there.

Array

School
    Formerly - Pride Muay Thai
    I work at a power utility's control center. It's a sedentary job, but very challenging.

Rotating shifts makes training difficult, but an understanding family and good training friends/partners/coaches make it happen.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    I have a career, working as an Recreation Operations Coordinator at the University of California, Berkeley. Not, a side hustle, but that's what i do when I'm not training or teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Whynot View Post
    I work at a power utility's control center. It's a sedentary job, but very challenging.

Rotating shifts makes training difficult, but an understanding family and good training friends/partners/coaches make it happen.
    That's incredibly inspiring. Have you put thought into (if possible) to have a standup desk? There's a huge rise in the awareness of all the adverse effects on health of sitting for an entire work day (every workday pretty much).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast