Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's your side hustle?

What do you do in your "off time" that allows you to continue to train? If none, what are your other passions?

I've met such a diverse set of people through jiu jitsu, it's incredible in that way of bringing people from all walks of life onto the same page.
    So I'm just curious to hear about everyones story

Me, when I'm not training, I'm producing music and djing. If you're interested here's my page and a video I did today

https://www.instagram.com/moonboy_music/
    https://youtu.be/IrrzTEnNI8s

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    So, was the purpose of this thread was so you could throw in a cheap plug? lol

Giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    So, was the purpose of this thread was so you could throw in a cheap plug? lol

Giggity.
    I kept it last to avoid that. I genuinely am interested and am not selling anything. There's just no way to post this without it looking like a cheap plug :/

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I bartend and do security at clubs. Hoping to get out of the industry and be full time jiu jitsu as soon as I can though. By the end of the year for sure.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    I kept it last to avoid that. I genuinely am interested and am not selling anything. There's just no way to post this without it looking like a cheap plug :/
    lol. I'm just busting your balls, man. Lucky for me, my job pays for my training, a year in advance.

I may or may not allegedly work in a massive indoor pot grow operation that pulls down 30+ lbs of bud every week. I work just 2-3 days a week so I get plenty of time to train. Took this opportunity in order to live and train in the LA area and master the system (while staying ripped-shit on good dank)

I also have a deep history as a production assistant in film/television with credits like Rob Zombies Halloween 2 and The Vampire Diaries. I plan to return to film and TV after earning more success in the MMA world. (maybe blend the two and work in stunts and action-oriented projects)

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    I may or may not allegedly work in a massive indoor pot grow operation that pulls down 30+ lbs of bud every week. I work just 2-3 days a week so I get plenty of time to train. Took this opportunity in order to live and train in the LA area and master the system (while staying ripped-shit on good dank)

I also have a deep history as a production assistant in film/television with credits like Rob Zombies Halloween 2 and The Vampire Diaries. I plan to return to film and TV after earning more success in the MMA world. (maybe blend the two and work in stunts and action-oriented projects)
    I am super jealous.

Is it a job where it's preferred to have martial arts experience or more of a benefit from the employer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    I bartend and do security at clubs. Hoping to get out of the industry and be full time jiu jitsu as soon as I can though. By the end of the year for sure.
    Jiu jitsu and clubs are quite polar opposite worlds lol It's certainly an experience. By the end of the year is no problem, though. Do you plan on teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post

Dude that's fucking awesome. A dispensary is right on the corner of my street, I probably have had your stuff lmao. How did you come to be involved in the film industry?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast