Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    Jiu jitsu and clubs are quite polar opposite worlds lol It's certainly an experience. By the end of the year is no problem, though. Do you plan on teaching?
    I own and teach at 10th Planet Mobile but as its growing and in it's younger/broker stages I've got to make my personal money during times when classes aren't happening. Example: Thursday I teach class at 10:30 then again at 6:30 then go into work downtown from 9pm-4/5am. Jiu Jitsu isn't quite as popular in Alabama so the progress was slow at first but as I've figured out how to market things are going much better. Thanks to people like Zach Maslany, Sean/Tori Applegate and Brandon McCraghren the most for setting me in the right business direction.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    I may or may not allegedly work in a massive indoor pot grow operation that pulls down 30+ lbs of bud every week. I work just 2-3 days a week so I get plenty of time to train. Took this opportunity in order to live and train in the LA area and master the system (while staying ripped-shit on good dank)

I also have a deep history as a production assistant in film/television with credits like Rob Zombies Halloween 2 and The Vampire Diaries. I plan to return to film and TV after earning more success in the MMA world. (maybe blend the two and work in stunts and action-oriented projects)
    So you're saying to holla at you whenever we go to HQ?

Array

School
    10th Planet St Paul
    Tinker with cars and do desk work. It means I can wake up and go for a run before work and BJJ after..

I do a lot of laundry...

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by itsJaime View Post
    Is it a job where it's preferred to have martial arts experience or more of a benefit from the employer?
    Our HNIC (head nigga in charge) trains Krav Maga, and does spartan races. So, he wants his employees to be in decent shape. I was already training jiujitsu before starting this job. It can be useful though. I work in a children rehabilitation center, and sometimes we do have to apply personal restraints. While we do have a designated restraint procedure with its own techniques, the jiujitsu help keeps us calm and aware. Plus, one valid technique in our restraint plan is the arm drag, which I love. hehe

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    ....and he thinks Krav is the shit. He's a cocky guy, so we all assume that his ego couldn't handle it, when he taps to his employees. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    ....and he thinks Krav is the shit. He's a cocky guy, so we all assume that his ego couldn't handle it, when he taps to his employees. lol
    When someone thinks their art is superior their is no verbally telling them it isn't. Krav guys have been the worse IMO. One literally told me he couldn't drill the technique because it's too dangerous. I'm like, "well how the hell you get good at it then?" If you need the job I'd just be easy going as to not give the impression of challenging him, while secretly knowing you can strangle him at any moment.

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    I do network security for a DoD agency (Yeah, I'm putting all of you on watch lists); it's pretty dope though because a lot of us are nerds and there are three or four of us that do BJJ. One of the higher ups around here is actually the one that got me to start training. He showed up one day and dropped a gi and belt on my desk and told me I had to stop watching youtube videos and get in the gym.

We're actually pretty close now and it's not uncommon for us to get on the ground in the middle of the day and walk through a technique that I'm struggling with or that he thinks would be good for me to work on. I remember he was showing my an Estima lock one day and it left a massive shoeprint on his white shirt just before we walked into a briefing and our director was like "WTF is on your shirt?"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    I own and teach at 10th Planet Mobile but as its growing and in it's younger/broker stages I've got to make my personal money during times when classes aren't happening. Example: Thursday I teach class at 10:30 then again at 6:30 then go into work downtown from 9pm-4/5am. Jiu Jitsu isn't quite as popular in Alabama so the progress was slow at first but as I've figured out how to market things are going much better.
    Oh shoot I thought for a second 10th Planet Mobile was Jiu Jitsu on wheels, I was excited lol. Imagine that, portable mats, setting up in parks, and traveling around teaching seminars.

Thanks to people like Zach Maslany, Sean/Tori Applegate and Brandon McCraghren the most for setting me in the right business direction.
    What direction is that? Social media? If you don't mind me asking.

I work in a children rehabilitation center, and sometimes we do have to apply personal restraints. While we do have a designated restraint procedure with its own techniques, the jiujitsu help keeps us calm and aware. Plus, one valid technique in our restraint plan is the arm drag, which I love. hehe
    This reminds me of a technique I've seen from Rener Gracie about stopping two kids from going at it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BM1yWp5AIwt/?hl=en Check it out

Everyone who does Krav thinks they are the shit lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast