Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu

Chris Herzog Seminar – Decatur, AL (Deep Thoughts)

So I wanted to take a minute to thank Chris for coming out to Alabama and immersing himself in our culture.

Meth was cooked, cousins were banged, and blood was spilled…stripper blood, in my driveway, but that’s a story for another time (Herzog was in no way involved)!

For real though, Chris has a very tight and very technical game and brought a WEALTH of knowledge to the table. Spent most of the seminar on leg lock entries, various control positions, finish options from those positions, how to properly control and finish, and most importantly the small details, which make all the difference. VERY valuable stuff that I, personally, think my game will benefit greatly from, as a lover of all manner of leg lockery.

Remainder of seminar was spent on top game, specifically side control, covering pressure, key control points, and several submission series’, including kimura options, and some nice choke flows.

I would say that Chris is literally at the very top of the food chain as far as technique and coaching ability. If any other moons or moons-to-be are planning on having someone in for a seminar, I recommend you put him at the top of the list.

McCaghren, and others that were there, feel free to add your thoughts, as long as they’re in line with mine and I proofread them beforehand.

Enter the Ninja!
    Last edited by Brandon Palmer; 12-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Array

School
    RMNU
    ttt for Herzog!

I'm glad you guys had such a great seminar, and if Chris is involved, blood and strippers will usually be involved ;-) (not usually together though). Chris is on top of the whole grappling game, but is definitely on the cutting edge with his leg locks. I see him working non-stop to try to integrate his decades of international level Sambo experience seamlessly into the 10th planet game plan. I am always amazed that after training with him for nine years, he still regularly comes up with new attacks and transitions that I never thought of, and have never seen before.

If you are working with the 10th planet system, and are interested in adding some real depth to your leg lock game, I don't think that you could find anyone better.

Chris was scary good. I learned so much. That guy hes a good guy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    To say that Herzog is a great teacher is such an understatement. Not only do I feel like we learned a lot, but I feel like the things we learned were game changing. His knowledge of leg locks is far beyond what I had even imagined.

He conducted a very professional and very well organized seminar with focus on traditional Jiu Jitsu principals of control, position, efficiency, and anatomical awareness and sensitivity.

As the host school we were very pleased with the outcome of the seminar. I feel that myself and the students benefitted immensely. There is no question that we will have him back in the next calendar year.

We are blessed to have Herzog teaching in our association. Those of you that haven't trained with him have no idea.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    2 more weeks till i have Zog in FL. Can't wait.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks guys! I have tears welling up in my eyes..................but thats from the memory of being immersed in the Alabama culture
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    Attached Images

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Thanks guys! I have tears welling up in my eyes..................but thats from the memory of being immersed in the Alabama culture
    or maybe josh farted...
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Crying is for fags, Chris...the Hoff told me!

Now gaze into his eyes and accept your fate!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast