Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf

Kiss of the Dragon Confusion

Hey guys, I'm a little bit confused over the Term "Kiss of the Dragon Sweep". In the 10th Planet Warmups H, the Open guards the Flow H4 contains a sweep which is called the "Kiss of the Dragon Sweep" in the Terminology below the video. The Sweep is done from Spiral or Reverse DLR guard and looks like the Gracie Hook Sweep, but with the other hand holding the foot.
    Now the Flow H1 contains the "Spiral" from Spiral Guard, where Frank spins underneath Josh and will get the back. While Searching Youtube for more possible Follow-Ups the the "Kiss of the Dragon Sweep", I found that everyone calls the "Spiral" (H1) Kiss of the Dragon.
    So now I'm confused and would like to know if either the names were mixed up in the 10P Warmup Videos or If I'm just too dumb to get it right. Please Help

Immediate Update by myself: I've found the "old" Warmup Videos, Sean Applegate shows the "Kiss of the Dragon Sweep" in H1, which is the Backtake from Spiral Guard. So i think someone was as confused as me while writing down the terminology for the 10P Warmups vids by Frank and Josh.
    Last edited by Anton Krischer; 02-06-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    The most updated collection in one place is at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znm...nHpksZckQveHJb

Some warmups have updated since that but aren't collected into one place to my knowledge. You can scroll through Eddies instagram or watch MTS to see whats been publicly updated.

Kiss the dragon is from reverse de la riva where you invert under them and take the back.The other rdlr sweep is is a hook sweep to berimbolo.

Array

School
    Hey Scott,
    thanks for the reply. Yes, I know the Warmups Playlist and I also started to save the updated flows on Insta In the Video description the Hook sweep from H4 is named Kiss of the Dragon and the real Kiss of the Dragon from H1 was called Spiral. But now its all clear

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I always thought kiss of the dragon was the sweep from spiral clinch to berimbolo but I don't know
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Ok, I could easily be confused on this. I use them both pretty regularly regardless of the names Prioritizing teaching the warmups to my beginners has been one of the best things I've done curriculum wise.

Array

School
    Here are some instructionals from Youtube, and they all call the spiral undeneath "kiss of the Dragon"

Jason Scully :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXR1VXbJKs&t=83s

Louis Armezzani: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbHNWWMUYQ

A Counter to the Kiss of the Dragon by Andre Galvao: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2eWhg9odU&t=53s

even our dear BMac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXiEtH86RVc

don't understand me wrong, I don't want to say they are right and you are wrong Eddie, I just want to know which technique is called "kiss of the Dragon"

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm of the understanding that Kiss of the Dragon is the what we do in H1, and H4 is the Hook Sweep.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Cool, so now it's clear Thank you for the help Masters

Speaking about the warmups: Will there be a new Warmup Playlist by Frank Barca or any Instructions on MTS for the 2017 Warmups?
    Last edited by Anton Krischer; 02-07-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I believe the warmups are something that will constantly be getting tweaked into perfection. I bet they will release v.4 at some point this year. Until then just keep following MTS and Eddies social media

Array

School
    I'm thinking of creating a new Thread where we can gather the newest Warmup Videos so no one Needs to search for them until the official Warmups 2017 arrive. What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast