Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La

Who else is planning

Anyone planning there competition schedule? How many events do you plan on competing in? So far I am going to be grappling and attending 6 events. One Ibjjf event in Alabama april 1st then 2 from AGF and 3 from NAGA.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I'm not entirely sure. Competing non locally is pretty costly for me and I'd rather not spend money doing local IBJJ rule sets. Doing Kumite 190 lbs in Houston in March. Trying to swing that Amsterdam camp where the tournament is one big absolute division. There's a NAGA in Orange Beach in July I believe. Considering NOGI worlds if not this year definitely next. If they have AGF IN NOLA I'd consider that if I can swing it schedule wise and definitely trying to get on any FTW in the southeast. Of course staying healthy is a very big part of this so Im trying to train really smart and listen to my body more.

Array

School
    AGF and Naga will ne in NOLA. When I get off work ill send you the dates and costs if you would like. I'm interested in competeing in Texas this year but don't know how I can fit it into my current schedule. Especially with me opening my gym in March/April right when I will be doing my first competitions.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    10th Planet Mobile will definitely be at the non ibjj New Orleans tournaments. If you see us there feel free to come find me! Also if you ever want to come train we are straight down I-10, you're welcome any time.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    10th Planet Mobile will definitely be at the non ibjj New Orleans tournaments. If you see us there feel free to come find me! Also if you ever want to come train we are straight down I-10, you're welcome any time.
    I'm really feeling like the IBJJF rules in the south just aren't working to better BJJ. I feel like there slowing it down. The only reason I want to compete at them is because I want to work towards becoming a hotbox or an affiliate. Ill try to stop in and see you guys when I can. I want to start making it down to Sean's gym to train with them when I can as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    The ibjj scene in the south is the least progressive thing I've ever experienced. Still have that lingering 10P hate but they don't even know why. Sometimes I juggle between wanting to compete regardless of rules but not wanting to financially support events like that and put my money towards the ones that I personally support. We're an hour east of gulf shores so a little closer but they have a good group down there. Prepare to defend legs the entire time. I should make it over more but it's hard with my own students and schedule.

Array

School
    10th Planet St Paul
    April 1 - May 29th is 4 different events for me in itself, plus looking at IBJJF Masters Worlds in August.. going to be a busy year.

Array

School
    I used to be under Rafael Ellenwanger hes the guy who runs the IBJJF events in north Florida, Alabama and Louisiana. I really wish that schools in my area of Louisiana would step up and just teach leg locks and how to defend them. Its kinda why im doing my own thing. I didnt get what I wanted from the school i was at. Now I just research, drill and learn. Keep pushing the needle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Nola BJJ in New Orleans is legit! I rolled 2 of they brown belts last year and had good challenges. Rafael has some good guys and the top ones are good at enforcing the game they play, but that isn't the only game out there and not ideal for everyone. I do agree about being more open minded about technique....but I guess that's apparent because that's kind of the 10th Planet way and why I gravitated towards the system and philosophy.