Does this count?

So I've been reading some stuff on the forum and I've watch a video that Eddie Bravo said if you have a rank in another style of jiu jitsu it's can role over into 10th planet. the resason why I'm asking is because I have a purple belt in BJJ but I'm currently a white belt in 10th planet. so I'm curious to find an answer to my question so I know if I should say I'm a white belt like I'm doing in 10th planet or if I'm a purple belt and if I do need to start at white belt or if I'm a purple belt in this system what do I need to do to get the next rank?

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    you are a purple belt in jiu jitsu, so you are a purple belt in 10p. This applies to all ranks except blackbelt.

And you are 100% sure about that

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Rogers View Post
    And you are 100% sure about that
    yup

Thanks man

Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La
    I think what's important is making sure you got the warms memorized and understood. If you have those things and can perform them correctly I think you should def remain as a purple. If not then make sure you're getting them down and fast. Not every instructor belts the same. So while you're a purple in one place the criteria could be different. What you should do then is ask your coach what you need to do to be a purple belt in his eyes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    yup
    Thats the general rule, however its not the same at every 10th Planet school.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Rogers View Post
    So I've been reading some stuff on the forum and I've watch a video that Eddie Bravo said if you have a rank in another style of jiu jitsu it's can role over into 10th planet. the resason why I'm asking is because I have a purple belt in BJJ but I'm currently a white belt in 10th planet. so I'm curious to find an answer to my question so I know if I should say I'm a white belt like I'm doing in 10th planet or if I'm a purple belt and if I do need to start at white belt or if I'm a purple belt in this system what do I need to do to get the next rank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Thats the general rule, however its not the same at every 10th Planet school.
    Yeah, not always. I personally know and train with a guy who was promoted to Brown belt under a legit BJJ Black belt, but he is a Purple in 10p and Boogey will decide when he gets his 10p Brown belt.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    Yeah, not always. I personally know and train with a guy who was promoted to Brown belt under a legit BJJ Black belt, but he is a Purple in 10p and Boogey will decide when he gets his 10p Brown belt.
    Was he was already training with Boogie when he got that promotion to brown? Or he came in and on the first day and Boogie was like "naaa, you're purple bro".