Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy

Gracie Worlds / Nationals?

So I wanted to try to attend some larger scale tournaments but I have no interest in the IBJJF ruleset; I was looking into the Gracie Worlds / Nationals / Regional tournaments but everything on their site are dates from 2016... Are they doing anything in 2017? Anyone has some insight on where I could get information on their tournaments?

Or, does anyone know of another large scale sub-only tournament comparable to Gracie Worlds / IBJJF

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    I think they have been cancelled till further notice and that came out mid last year so probably done all together.

Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La
    You can consider doing AGF, NAGA, Five and grappler's quest if you want that style.

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    I've done a couple NAGAs and I'm signed up for Grappling Industries the end of April, but I was really wanting to do a large scale sub only.

Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Carter View Post
    I've done a couple NAGAs and I'm signed up for Grappling Industries the end of April, but I was really wanting to do a large scale sub only.
    I'm pretty sure FIVE keeps the sub only on their undercard. You could sign up and see if you could do that one. Finding sub only style tournaments in my area is hard so I know your struggle. I think fight to win also does an undercard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Carter View Post
    The Gracie tournaments started out huge the first couple years, but started to diminish the last couple I saw. Your average NAGA will have more competitors, and a much wider variety of styles than a typical IBJJF rules one.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    I thought that Rose and Javi decided to stop doing Gracie tournaments as well, but they put out fliers at EBI this past weekend advertising for Gracie Worlds later this year. They're usually in August I think? I forget when exactly they had the date set for, but I am definitely excited that they're not getting rid of them. It bummed me out when I heard that they were canceled until further notice.

I am sure they'll update the website soon enough, so just keep checking in on it every now and then.