Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Self Taught - No School Affiliation

10th Planet in South Africa.....???

Hi Eddie, hope you are well.

I'm stuck all the way in South Africa and just started bjj at a Gracie Barra school.

From what I can remember there was a 10th planet affiliate in Durban South Africa, but looking on the 10th planet locator I see that there is no mention of a 10th planet in South Africa. Are they still affiliated or not?

Do you have any plans to get 10th planet to South Africa. Bjj is exploding now in South Africa and some martial arts schools are bringing guys from Brazil to open schools or up the standard on existing schools.

I would be great if you could get some guys out here to establish and spread 10th planet in South Africa.

Keep up the good work. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Ettienne

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    They are no longer affiliated with 10th Planet.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Hey Chris,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Does 10th planet have any ambitions to spread the art to South Africa by any chance?

Think it would be a good idea to send one of your top instructors here for a 2 year holiday .. haha, or would 10th planet sponsor a 2 year instructors internship at one of your schools?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Not that I am aware of. We don't seek out places to teach. Those that want to be 10th Planet travel to train with 10th Planet instructors, get ranked, and certified to open up an 10p affiliate. It a nut shell, if YOU want it, YOU have to make it happen.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Out of a matter of interest.

I've got a couple of questions regarding 10th planet certification:

Is there a special curriculum taught for instructors certification or do just have to grind it out until you get ranked
    What rank is required in order to open an affiliate school
    in your opinion what is the estimated time and tuition fees to obtain certification.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I just need to understand what is required for certification in terms of time and money spend.

Array

School
    Quick body count ... anyone from South Africa (preferably form Johannesburg) following this feed?

Array

School
    Looking for a training partner in Johannesburg ... got mats, big screen projector, all almost all recorded 10th planet training material...free to train at nights.

Hey Ettienne,

Following this thread. Would be awesome to get a 10p gym in SA!

Where are you training at the moment?

Little off-topic but I used to get south african mma on cable. Did anyone from 10th planet fight or have in the organization?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne Smith View Post
    Out of a matter of interest.

I've got a couple of questions regarding 10th planet certification. .
    You can email Eddie to get the information you need.

eddie@10thplanetjj.com

From what I've read and heard, it's not hard to become an affiliate, but the business of running a gym is the more challenging part. Getting ranked will probably be the more lucrative part in your case. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast