Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Absolute beliefs (beliefs in general) are the province of religion, not science.
    Anyone who takes a scientific conclusion as absolute, does not understand the first thing about the scientific method.
    Absolute conclusions are supported by faith, not evidence.

I dont see a lack of questioning here, just ludacris confirmation bias and massive ignorance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Love it!! Nothing exposes the stupidity of flat earthers more than their own arguments. Seems lots of people in the comments dont get the sarcasm.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Have you guys never met a Christian? Those guys believe WAY crazier shit than Flat Earth. They have a guy with superpowers who walks on water and creates zombies out of dead people.

I'd be more likely to believe in Flat Earth than Super-Jesus.

"Im worried about him" is utterly patronizing.
    Excellent comment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I hear you but it doesn't matter if I've ever seen pictures from the dark side of the moon or not it doesn't affect perspective. The earth can't be the size of the moon from the moon in one video and fill the sky in another. No atmospheric condition, photogenic or any other 'explanation' can account for it.
    Have you never heard of zoom?

Array

School
    Have you never heard of zoom?
    Fail.

I hear you but it doesn't matter if I've ever seen pictures from the dark side of the moon or not it doesn't affect perspective. The earth can't be the size of the moon from the moon in one video and fill the sky in another. No atmospheric condition, photogenic or any other 'explanation' can account for it.

The distances aren't always the same. And I've seen a "supermoon" with my own eyes. Flat earthers have to travel more and see more of the world, since there's more than city life and Youtube videos out there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Fail.
    Yeah I know but dont be so hard on yourself.

Array

School
    Yeah I know but dont be so hard on yourself.
    Hahaha...

Array

School
    A school that disappeared decades ago :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Hewson View Post
    I am also worried about Eddie, I don't know him and I don't want to offend him either so its a really tricky situation.

I know this isn't directly related to what you are saying but the big questions I come back to is, Why does every country lie about the earth being round? They all must know about it, if the earth is flat, so why is china, russia, australia, the UK and america all in agreeance on this one crazy idea. Why does every student who is studying astrophysics and physics lie or go along with the lie? Quite a few of them would figure out that the earth would be flat if it is flat and then they would tell people and it would be known by everyone. Also what about pilots and sailors, are we to believe they are all in on the lie? They are all keeping the secret? For what reason?

Do you know what I mean? Like, your telling me tens of thousands of students every year are studying this and no one has figured out the earth is flat?

These questions are not really directed at anyone. I kind of feel bad for saying them because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.
    When you say 'why does every country lie about the earth being round' what do you mean exactly? There's only a few countries that have space agencies. Everyone bar a few believe whatever they're told just as long as it comes from someone that's seen as being in authority such as the space agencies. A certain truth regarding the shape of the earth was established in the 70s with the Apollo mission to the moon and now that 'truth' is drilled into everyone from birth - a truth which no one is allowed to question on pain of being ridiculed and ostracized. A truth that when considered seriously doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Let's have a look at what we accept as being true. Oceans are able to hang upside down from a spinning ball without a single drop of water falling off. They're able to do this we're told because of an invisible force holding them in place. Umm excuse me if I remain skeptical Mr. NASA man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456