Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham

I'm planning an extended trip to 10P San Diego and I need some help!

Just wondering if anyone could help me with some questions?
    I'm planning on heading out to train for 4-6 weeks (maybe 8 depending how much my s/o really loves me), and it will be my first time to SD.

Now I've resigned myself to the fact that accommodation will be expensive as fuck unless I happen to come across someone who has a room for rent, and doesn't mind a total stranger renting it out.

My main question is regarding SD public transportation. How reliable is it? I do drive, and I know it will make my life a lot easier to rent a car, but I don't really want add another expense to my trip.

Also, if anyone does know of a room, or medium term rental place available that would be great. I'm looking around on airbnb at the moment, but as I don't know the public transport situation, it's hard to pinpoint anything in particular.

A little about myself as well as I'm new here!
    I've not long switched to the 10th Planet system. I got bored of the gi and BJJ politics. I received my blue and purple belts from Victor Estima. Now, I visit Mick Broster at 10th Planet Birmingham in the UK a couple of times a week. I plan on making this trip out to SD September-October of this year, and I want to make it an annual thing for sure on my journey to black belt wizardry.

Any tips and help you guys and girls might have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    I don't know if this helps or not, but you may not have seen it.....
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...nW1jw/viewform

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    So, first thing is I would recommend is trying to find a decent spot somewhat near the gym. Public transportation here is pretty reliable but San Diego can be fairly big depending on how far you have to go, and you don't want to be taking multiple buses or a trolley/train to get to the gym everyday. You will already have to travel a bit if you want to go to Oceanside or Spring Valley so I'd def recommend staying centrally located. Talk to some of the London guys if you can, they just came out here and stayed near the Mission Gorge location. I'm sure they could give you some good tips on traveling here. Look forward to meeting you.

Here is the website for the address and all the info - https://10thplanetsandiego.com/

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Thanks mate, I have seen it. I'm just undecided as it's a 6 months away and there's always the chance that they could fill that room with a long term tenant. It was a really tough decision in the end as I really couldn't pick between SD and Oceanside. But, I think SD will be a better fit for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    So, first thing is I would recommend is trying to find a decent spot somewhat near the gym. Public transportation here is pretty reliable but San Diego can be fairly big depending on how far you have to go, and you don't want to be taking multiple buses or a trolley/train to get to the gym everyday. You will already have to travel a bit if you want to go to Oceanside or Spring Valley so I'd def recommend staying centrally located. Talk to some of the London guys if you can, they just came out here and stayed near the Mission Gorge location. I'm sure they could give you some good tips on traveling here. Look forward to meeting you.

Here is the website for the address and all the info - https://10thplanetsandiego.com/
    Thanks for the help mate. I've been looking for somewhere on airbnb along the green line and found a couple of places. Just need to figure out all of the details before I book it all. I look forward to meeting you too. I'm a big fan of Boogey, and the gym looks amazing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    When I was in Sydney the sheer amount of people who longed to move to SD or were leaving Sydney for SD convinced me that it had to be the best place to live on earth.

A San Diego beach house is on several of my vision boards, timeshares interest me greatly as a long term investment as opposed to a down payment of a mortgage here.. anyone who can help me with any info I would appreciate it greatly.