"Outside Quarter Guard" ?

ive been looking for some reversals/attacks from the quarter guard but 99% of the videos on YouTube are from what I call "3/4 mount". To me 3/4 mount is either when an opponent has mostly completed a mount from half guard or more often when you have only partially escaped the mount. Basically you've captured one of your opponents ankles between your thighs while being mounted.

Alternatively "quarter guard" is basically when your opponent has mostly completed a knee slice pass to side control and you are holding on to his near side ankle with your thighs or ankles. Is this more of an "outside quarter guard" ?

Anyone have thoughts on the terminology or attacka from this position?

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    Watch the 10P E warm ups it is in there but I like dog fight.

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Check out the warm ups and the technique guide there is plenty of info on this exact position there. Check out the Advanced Rubber Guard page 200. You can use old school sweep from the quarter clinch, you can use the half and half sweep, you can roll under to deep half and use the backdoor sweep and the homer sweep, you can use the mini stomp and take them into butterfly guard or the lockdown.

There are so many moves from there in the 10p system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The name of the positions are 1/4 guard and 3/4 mount. Both have a ton of options. The entire 10p Warm up E series deals with those positions. I start almost every roll bare trapping to 1/4 Guard.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    So outside quarter guard is simply quarter guard?

Quarter guard is another position and concept that I have done a 180 on. Took an immediate dislike to it initially as it just didn't feel safe and I felt open to passes chokes and sought a scramble rather than secure the leg below the knee.

But now I know better.. thanks to the warm up E drills I now love quarter guard and it is the one position from our system that high level outsiders still give up easily.. they are wise to the half guard, rubber guard, Ashi etc.. all our best stuff is avoided and negated because they respect it, but I find a distinct lack of awareness when it comes to 1/4

The bump to the dogfight is one of my best moves and now I have been taught the importance of ZELDA from the latest MTS episode I will be searching for 1/4 every time I am on bottom.

10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Heres some 1/4 Guard options:

Topside 1/4 Guard:

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Bottom 1/4 Guard: