Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    If a rocket went straight up it would get smaller and smaller and eventually vanish. Thats how perspective works. On a giant ball or plane it would appear to 'go over the curve' of the horizon before it disappeared into the vanishing point of perspective.
    So, then why does the bottom part get cut off only if it's a ship on the ocean? I honestly don't understand how that is perspective, even after the video. Seems to me that proves curvature.

Jason- it's not me who doesn't get it. The images are already zoomed in. You could zoom in right down to the molecules and the bottom portion would still be cut off from view. Zooming does not change your perspective. Moving along the X y or z axis would, but not simply magnifying the perspective from the same point.

I don't think you know what "perspective" actually means. It's your point of view. Point- as in you are staying in the same point in space. Zooming in from the same point does not change your perspective.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    So, then why does the bottom part get cut off only if it's a ship on the ocean? I honestly don't understand how that is perspective, even after the video. Seems to me that proves curvature.
    The horizon/vanishing point is at a set distance from you depending on your elevation. Anything beyond the horizon will begin to be cut off from the bottom up. It doesn't prove curvature because things that can be seen 100 miles away should already be out of sight based on the curvature formula of 8" times the mile squared. Instead the bottom may be cut off a little depending on perspective and elevation.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    The horizon/vanishing point is at a set distance from you depending on your elevation. Anything beyond the horizon will begin to be cut off from the bottom up. It doesn't prove curvature because things that can be seen 100 miles away should already be out of sight based on the curvature formula of 8" times the mile squared. Instead the bottom may be cut off a little depending on perspective and elevation.
    I'm sorry but this doesnt make sense. A rocket going straight up vanishes, and nothing gets cut off. The entire ship is above the waterline, but the waterline rises to cover the bottom part of the ship?

That's a proof of curvature.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalredemption View Post
    Jason- it's not me who doesn't get it. The images are already zoomed in. You could zoom in right down to the molecules and the bottom portion would still be cut off from view. Zooming does not change your perspective. Moving along the X y or z axis would, but not simply magnifying the perspective from the same point.

I don't think you know what "perspective" actually means. It's your point of view. Point- as in you are staying in the same point in space. Zooming in from the same point does not change your perspective.
    Did you watch the video on perspective ? Based on your statements it doesn't seem that you did. At least Craig had an intelligent question about perspective (not saying your unintelligent).

Array

School
    I'm sorry but this doesnt make sense. A rocket going straight up vanishes, and nothing gets cut off. The entire ship is above the waterline, but the waterline rises to cover the bottom part of the ship?

That's a proof of curvature.
    No... because the Chicago skyline should be below the curve, if it existed. You should not be able to see it at all.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    No... because the Chicago skyline should be below the curve, if it existed. You should not be able to see it at all.
    We're talking about ships on the horizon getting cut off being a proof of curvature. This matches what happens when i watch a plane take off and vanish into the sky, not the horizon line, and no getting cut off at the bottom. The ship gets cut off because it's going over the curvature.

You cannot see Chicago from 40 miles away unless you are elevated. (or closer as in the case of the guy on the boat with the missing drone footage)

Array

School
    We're talking about ships on the horizon getting cut off being a proof of curvature. This matches what happens when i watch a plane take off and vanish into the sky, not the horizon line, and no getting cut off at the bottom. The ship gets cut off because it's going over the curvature.

You cannot see Chicago from 40 miles away unless you are elevated. (or closer as in the case of the guy on the boat with the missing drone footage)
    You can see Chicago from Michigan 40 miles away. The reason the guy went across the lake on the boat was to prove that it was not a superior mirage. The 'mirage' did not vanish as they approached the skyline and it was clearly visible and recording on the trip back to Michigan proving that it was not a mirage and can be seen at a distance of 40 miles which is not possible on a ball.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    You cannot see Chicago from 40 miles away unless you are elevated.

Array

School
    You cannot see Chicago from 40 miles away unless you are elevated.
    You can see the Chicago skyline from the Michigan side of the lake at water level. The distance in the video was 40 miles.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast