Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Took some pics but having issues with some 404 error trying to upload... help?

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Without a wide angle lens the earth is flat at 120000 feet.

in this video you can clearly see the "edge" of the earth. but flat earth theory claims there is no edge? ... if there is one, please explain what happens when we get there? ... or if the flat earth was infinite, then why is the image above does not extend all the way to the top of the screen and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by vlad ko View Post
    in this video you can clearly see the "edge" of the earth. but flat earth theory claims there is no edge? ... if there is one, please explain what happens when we get there? ... or if the flat earth was infinite, then why is the image above does not extend all the way to the top of the screen and beyond?
    In my opinion that isn't the edge, it's the the convergence point due to limited perspective.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanfit View Post
    In my opinion that isn't the edge, it's the the convergence point due to limited perspective.
    nonsense. a point is a point, not a line.

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    video
    we can exchange videos all day. plus anyone with a basic understanding of math and physics doesn't need 45 minutes of "proof" (i mean random rambling)... if there is no accurate map of the planet and latitudes and longitudes do not exist... and satellites are fake.
    ... how does your gps work then?

nonsense. a point is a point, not a line.
    You can say it's nonsense all you want. It stands. The higher you go, the farther you can see. It's not obsurd to suggest that it will continue in the same manner if it were able to travel higher. It is just a fact of perspective. You should be concerned with the fact that if you are on a sphere perspective would cause the sphere to drop out of view, not keep rising to eye level. No matter how high you go, the horizon stays in the same place relative to your perspective.

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanfit View Post
    You can say it's nonsense all you want. It stands. The higher you go, the farther you can see. It's not obsurd to suggest that it will continue in the same manner if it were able to travel higher. It is just a fact of perspective. You should be concerned with the fact that if you are on a sphere perspective would cause the sphere to drop out of view, not keep rising to eye level. No matter how high you go, the horizon stays in the same place relative to your perspective.
    it was nonsense because you called a horizon line a "convergence point"...
    ok now that we've moved past it, you do realize that you just contradicted your FE theory?
    the only reason you can see further, is because the line of sight changes, as you go up. here's a genius drawing that explains how that concept works: http://imgur.com/lvwQ5dM

i guess what you are hinting at is a vanishing point concept, but that would only apply to a small object not an "infinitely" large plane of the flat earth.

stay in school.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

it was nonsense because you called a horizon line a "convergence point"...
    ok now that we've moved past it, you do realize that you just contradicted your FE theory?
    the only reason you can see further, is because the line of sight changes, as you go up. here's a genius drawing that explains how that concept works: http://imgur.com/lvwQ5dM

i guess what you are hinting at is a vanishing point concept, but that would only apply to a small object not an "infinitely" large plane of the flat earth.

stay in school.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon
    Like forever... Like Indefinately stay in school? So your in the "infinite school" camp, not the "infinite plane" camp. Got it. You obviously haven't even attempted to look into it. I don't blame you. Infinite wisdom can make a soul pretty lazy. Would it make you feel better if I called it the point at which the ground and sky converge? Cause that's still a thing on a globe model it's what causes the sunset...That's what the horizon is. The convergence point in your perspective. I don't need to stay in school. I remember what I learned just fine.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast