Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    So Jason, have you been to this place and seen this for yourself?

Can you see street level in Chicago, or just the upper portions of the buildings?

I'm sure you have some pictures of this which didn't come from nasa.
    Here is video of a researcher that went there and documented it. By doing this he also proved it is not a superior mirage.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    So let me make sure I'm totally clear on this:

it's 40 miles across the lake. That means we should expect 8" x 40 curvature of the lake itself.

So I should expect to see all of Chicago except for anything from lake-level to 26'

So I should be able to see any building that is at lake level (which the buildings are not of course) and greater than 26 feet tall (2 stories basically)

Any building 3 stories or more, or build at any higher elevation, should be visible.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    That dude is actually on a boat.... cmon. That's some nasa shit.

You cannot see the bottom of the buildings because they are below the convergence point in the line of sight. It's similar (but not the same) as the trick of the eye you get when you look at a straw in water. The straw is still in one piece and strait I assure you. You still also have no explanation for how it is possible to even see the tops of the buildings. You ever think they are in one of your flat low points you encouraged me to think about?

Array

School
    So let me make sure I'm totally clear on this:

it's 40 miles across the lake. That means we should expect 8" x 40 curvature of the lake itself.

So I should expect to see all of Chicago except for anything from lake-level to 26'

So I should be able to see any building that is at lake level (which the buildings are not of course) and greater than 26 feet tall (2 stories basically)

Any building 3 stories or more, or build at any higher elevation, should be visible.
    At 40 miles the drop would be 1067 feet. Nothing would be visible.

I live in Michigan, trust me there are plenty of lakes perfectly flat from coast to the islands and measurable (I have done it) and the physical evidence shows that reguardless of he true shape of the earth, the math for the claimed curvature is incorrect.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    So if you're talking about standing at lake level and looking at something 40 miles away, also at lake level, then should expect to miss the bottom 26 feet of it. Anything above that, you see.

And of course in reality both Chicago and the land you are standing on on the other side, are above lake level.

I can see a mountain top from another mountain top far away, curvature does not play a part.

Did you read literally anything I just wrote...

Array

School
    So if you're talking about standing at lake level and looking at something 40 miles away, also at lake level, then should expect to miss the bottom 26 feet of it. Anything above that, you see.

And of course in reality both Chicago and the land you are standing on on the other side, are above lake level.

I can see a mountain top from another mountain top far away, curvature does not play a part.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    At 40 miles the drop would be 1067 feet. Nothing would be visible.
    ok found this:

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve...&unit=imperial

So how far can you see across a lake? You can't see 40 miles, can you?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast