Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Jason you forgot to include the height of the park above lake level... in your haste to be right, you didn't think of that.

From google. "Warren Dunes State Park. Warren Dunes has three miles of shoreline, six miles of hiking trails and is open year-round. It also has a dune formation that rises 260 feet above the lake with spectacular views and 1,952 acres of recreational opportunity."

So you are not 6' in elevation, you are 266' of elevation.. now let's calculate.

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve...&unit=imperial
    Ok… if the elevation for the observer in the video were 260 feet then only 694 feet would be visible. Willis Tower is approx. 1,500 feet above the shoreline minus 694 ft. would leave only 800 ft visible. More than 800 ft of the tower is visible, not to mention the much smaller buildings along the shoreline that are visible which should not be.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Well since i have no idea where that video came from I can't really comment specifically about the video. It could be CGI for all I know.

Why don't you go to the park and take some pictures for us from the beach at lake level (or 6' above). Go ahead and post the pics here for all to see.

Array

School
    Well since i have no idea where that video came from I can't really comment specifically about the video. It could be CGI for all I know.

Why don't you go to the park and take some pictures for us from the beach at lake level (or 6' above). Go ahead and post the pics here for all to see.
    I'm nowhere near Lake Michigan. That was the point of Rob Skiba flying there for himself to do the experiment himself.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    My calculation says 684, minus the 50 feet we are allowing for buildings in Chicago to be above lake level.

That leaves 634' invisible.

There are 32 buildings that should be visible, according to this:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...ngs_in_Chicago

And don't forget this is a 50' guess. Perhaps the foundations of Chicago skyscrapers are higher?

Array

School
    My calculation says 684, minus the 50 feet we are allowing for buildings in Chicago to be above lake level.

That leaves 634' invisible.

There are 32 buildings that should be visible, according to this:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...ngs_in_Chicago

And don't forget this is a 50' guess. Perhaps the foundations of Chicago skyscrapers are higher?
    In the video there are building that should be too short to be seen if the earth were a ball, yet, they can be seen.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Also please don't forget about refraction, which was covered earlier.

You argument is getting mighty thin... yet you will not relent. You are stubborn, that's for sure. Good in some things, like Jiu Jitsu, not so good for knowing things though.

Array

School

You argument is getting mighty thin... yet you will not relent. You are stubborn, that's for sure. Good in some things, like Jiu Jitsu, not so good for knowing things though.
    Rob Skiba's video proved that it was not a mirage.

Array

School

Not stubborn. I thought you said earlier that Chicago cannot be seen from Michigan.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    I already addressed the video. It's just some random youtube video, we know nothing about it. I can show you youtube videos of people walking on the moon. Wanna see?

flat earth is contradicted by heaps upon heaps of direct observation. The fact that you're still arguing in the face of all the inconsistencies that "you dont know everything about" is a little stunning to me. Almost as stunning as the fact that I've chosen to engage with you this long about it.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Not stubborn. I thought you said earlier that Chicago cannot be seen from Michigan.
    It depends on where you are in Michigan, and how high.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast