Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

What I'd like to see more of on MTS...

What I'd like to see more of on MTS is basics. For example, I was watching a recent episode and it showed the warm up that includes the Iminari roll and the Jackie Chan entry for leg locks. There was information about certain sequences of techniques, and there was a lot of information about variations of the path and variations of the finish...but what's missing is a simple explanation of how to actually do the Iminari roll in the first place. In a similar fashion, MTS will present an episode on the "Next Level" Twister, but the problem (for me) is that there is no actual breakdown of the regular old Twister. It's like there's an underlying assumption that we already know the basics for these techniques.

Not sure about anybody else, but I don't know them.

And yes, I own the original 3 disc Rubber Guard DVD set. Which I actually edited down to remove all the non jiu jitsu stuff -sorry Eddie And I own the Mastering the Twister video as well. And I own Eddie's 3 books. (I don't count the first one since Eddie hasn't spoken too highly of it.)

But despite these instructional guides, I'm still always ready to learn/study the basics. If I were training at HQ I'd have the option of attending a fundamentals class. With MTS however, it's like I have access to the Advanced class, but not the Beginner class.

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Yep, that would be fantastic.

You should buy the mastering the rubber guard DVD! It's got the ultimately simple basics of hubber gward, lock down half gward and the caccoon. Pay yo hespect. By the DVD richey nowa. (Trying my ranato accent)

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    He said he had the 3 DVD set.

Oops haha thanks

Array

School
    Open Mat
    I find MTS to be perfect for my liking.

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    What I'd like to see more of on MTS is basics. For example, I was watching a recent episode and it showed the warm up that includes the Iminari roll and the Jackie Chan entry for leg locks. There was information about certain sequences of techniques, and there was a lot of information about variations of the path and variations of the finish...but what's missing is a simple explanation of how to actually do the Iminari roll in the first place.

But despite these instructional guides, I'm still always ready to learn/study the basics. If I were training at HQ I'd have the option of attending a fundamentals class. With MTS however, it's like I have access to the Advanced class, but not the Beginner class.
    Thanks for the feedback Ric.