Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Last Flat Earth Post

Id like to first start off and say that youtube video research is just as legitimate as library or school research; do both not carry fictions and non-fictions. It would be incredibly close minded to assume every single video on youtube is fake and believe the 1985 encyclopedia collecting dust at my local library is all true.

My stance on whether or not the world is round is still unclear. I am completely baffled especially after I seen these videos.

This next link is a reporter asking a 'nervous' white house press secretary about why lunar wave videos are being deleted from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz62Fs6a0Gk

Ignore the other thread labeled the same

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Kangaroo View Post
    Id like to first start off and say that youtube video research is just as legitimate as library or school research; do both not carry fictions and non-fictions. It would be incredibly close minded to assume every single video on youtube is fake and believe the 1985 encyclopedia collecting dust at my local library is all true.

My stance on whether or not the world is round is still unclear. I am completely baffled especially after I seen these videos.

This next link is a reporter asking a 'nervous' white house press secretary about why lunar wave videos are being deleted from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz62Fs6a0Gk
    Ignore this link. This link with the reporter was clickbait..i got got. LOL

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    If it was on a respected scientific journal.
    If it was in a respected high school or college text book.
    If some respected scientists in the field actually believed it.
    Then you would have something we could even talk about, right now there is nothing of substance. Flat earth is a fruitless tree.

Most of those who claim or who "believe" that the Earth is flat are:

• Extremist Muslims,
    • Extremist Christians,
    • Pot heads
    • Paranoid

As technology further develops, in coming decades humans will travel beyond the Moon to Mars and other objects in the Solar System. In coming centuries humans will travel beyond the Solar System. Somewhere along that journey the god of the Old Testament will cease to exist. Hence, Flat Earther's are desperate to keep humans stuck here on Earth.

I am fully supportive of looking at the world in new ways and trying to bring a new perspective to human understanding. That is even how some fantastic discoveries have been made in the past. However, to claim that the Earth is flat when there is over 2,000 years of scientific explanation of the Earth being round is actual lunacy. I use the word lunacy deliberately in this context.

There is a huge body of scientific knowledge and experiments that confirm the roundness of the Earth. As far back as the ancient Greeks there were estimates of the circumference and radius of the Earth. Lots of people have circumnavigated the globe. Have any Flat Earther's actually tried it...

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    My take is, if you believe the standard model of physics is correct, then proceeding from first principles - a liquid will assume the shape of its container, and in a vacuum that shape is a sphere. The math on the standard model is a very good 4d representation of reality - it provides ways to describe phenomena, (and more importantly) ways to predict phenomena.

That said, they are all but approximations, just as Newton's motion equations were simplified versions of Einstein's General Relativity, GR is an approximation as well. How do we know GR is reasonably correct? The measurement of the perihelion procession of Mercury is a very good example - that basically tells you that if the Michaelson-Morely experiment was run pretty close to something as massive as the sun, it would have been able to measure that frame dragging effect, same as Mercury's orbit is just a bit quicker than it "should" be.

GR is consistent enough to go there, but not where it breaks in black holes, where a richer enhancement like string theory is needed. Just like newton's equations were enough to shoot a bb from a spring loaded pin back in high school and if you hit the paper over there on the floor by your equations, you passed that lab...once we get to larger size and massenergy scales, yes, the limitations of the Standard Model are right there for all to see. That's why its important to understand that even the standard model is an approximation.

Keypoint is its shown by experiment to be correct within a certain margin. And that margin is pretty much most places outside the interiors of black holes. So the math, and models thereof, have to be able to make reasonably correct predictions, otherwise...lets be honest *OtterWink* we all know what can be said of models that so loosely translate to reality and have had liberties taken *cough*agw*cough*

A flat surface just simply not a natural object - nature has a way of liking curved things, and flat only occurs if the curve is *that* large. I've seen nothing that would explain how such a structure would form, how it would contain a magnetosphere to keep the solar wind from blowing the atmosphere away, like what happened on Mars.

Errors in calculating atmospheric optics dont count imho, because heat & humidity, wind, can all distort a measurement - have these measurements been painstakingly carried out to eliminate every last possible measurement error, every last discrepancy explained? I dont think anyone has seriously ever attempted this, so in my book this assertion is not quite "supported by experiment" as claimed.

Nothing from first principles of formation and such is a big one for me as well. So unless one believes that aliens are in the business of stamping out some weird shit for their experiments to live on...more evidence that there is no missing link because it was artificial, than there is evidence for this weird mythical flat object to exist that goes against all kinds of well established physics...its almost as bad as believing in the 911 commission report.

That said, I think the only *dangerous speech* is the notion of not being able to have the conversation at all. So when Eddie asked Joe "have you looked in to it," it is only due diligence to go and find the strongest points of the opposing argument and understand them. The rules of the game should be www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com and by that - the appeal to incredulity argument would be as quickly rejected as Joe & Jamie's rejection.

The best lies are always a mix of truth and lies, and the process of trying to figure out what's lies and what's truth - logic and math arent bad guides to have. The way math is taught is horrid, a dozen years of rote calculation, not too many arent turned off by that. Best way to get kids engaged is as young as possible, and keep it fun - the look on my 6 yr old niece's face showing her a vid of the Mandelbrot Set - priceless.

/\

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Kangaroo View Post
    Ignore the other thread labeled the same
    NICE VIDEO ..yeah bro ive been looking into this shit now for almost 9 months non stop and the evidence is overwhelming .( that bare minimum WE HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH ,,,SOMETHING AINT RIGHT ,.. IM NOT SAYING I KNOW THE EARTH IS FLAT BUT ..I CANT SAY FOR SURE THAT THE EARTH IS A SPINNING BALL EITHER) .keep looking for the truth man ,, " the truth does not fear investigation " ...
    CHECK THIS NASA.GOV DOCUMENT IT ADMITS A FLAT NON-rotating earth ,,,WTF? ,and its from nasa.gov .. I guess they forgot to tell the world ...whoops ...but they will keep taking our tax $$ ...such a scam ..i sent eddie the same link im posting here ,,,please check it out and send it to everybody ,,eddies inbox was full and couldnt receive any new messages . But i will keep trying ,,to send it to anyone who is looking into this ,,,,,I HAVENT SEEN THIS DOCUMENT REFERENCED IN ANY FLAT EARTH VIDEOS SO I HOPE IT HELPS BRINGING OUT MORE TRUTH ABOUT THIS , please feel free to do the same .. . I hope eddie checks out the nasa documents especially if he talks to neil degrasse tyson on rogans podcast.....if eddie brings this up live on air,,,ohhh shit ..they will shit their pants
    ....https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/...ain_h-1391.pdf
    Scroll down to page 6 for the SUMMARY ITS PRETTY DAMN CLEAR WHAT NASA SAYS IN THEIR OWN DAMN DOCUMENTS ON THEIR OWN OFFICIAL fucking WEBSITE ,,,, ,,HOLY FUCK ... ITS SAYS " flat,non-rotating earth " WTF
    Keep posting those cool videos man .. There is SOMETHING ABOUT THE TRUTH THAT JUST FEELS GOOD WHEN YOU SEE IT ( or hear it )
    Peace

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    There is no measurable curvature to the earth.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    There is no measurable curvature to the earth.

This is not a respectable source. This is not proof. This is not evidence.

If this was a court of law and we were arguing the facts the judge would throw this out in a second.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast