Thread: Lockdown "game"

Lockdown "game"

Hey guys

I am a white belt in a non 10th planet gym. Since I started training I've been working on lockdown and hitting electric chairs ( I started a few months after bravo roller 2). I've been hitting electric chairs with some success on other whites and some blues lately. But I wanna add to my lockdown game. What are goods transitions and situation to try out so I've got more options? Also are there any MTS episodes I should watch to refine the lockdown?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sanderson View Post
    Hey guys

I am a white belt in a non 10th planet gym. Since I started training I've been working on lockdown and hitting electric chairs ( I started a few months after bravo roller 2). I've been hitting electric chairs with some success on other whites and some blues lately. But I wanna add to my lockdown game. What are goods transitions and situation to try out so I've got more options? Also are there any MTS episodes I should watch to refine the lockdown?
    Electric stone sweep, the last sweep I hit on royler before I rolled for the vaporizer.

Reverse lockdown game which includes the 5-0 sweep
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    I think our lockdown game goes down two main paths, the electric chair and dogfight paths. People tend to overlook the dogfight options. As a coach, I see people so intent on landing an electric chair that they pass up the opportunity to go to dogfight.

In fact, when your opponent is defending the electric chair, that's a great time to go to dogfight. For instance, when you can't get the leg to your shoulder you can Dipset, going up and down to gain momentum so that you can roll into a dogfight where you can sweep or submit. MTS 6 has a Dipset.

So put some reps in on some dogfight sweeps and submissions.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    I think our lockdown game goes down two main paths, the electric chair and dogfight paths. People tend to overlook the dogfight options. As a coach, I see people so intent on landing an electric chair that they pass up the opportunity to go to dogfight.

In fact, when your opponent is defending the electric chair, that's a great time to go to dogfight. For instance, when you can't get the leg to your shoulder you can Dipset, going up and down to gain momentum so that you can roll into a dogfight where you can sweep or submit. MTS 6 has a Dipset.

I've been guilty of that. Electric chair looks dope, so I need to hit that. When, in truth, all the dogfight options tend to be much simpler and easier than electric sweeps!

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post

I couldn't agree more. I rarely see guys at my gym utilizing dogfight, and we teach it quite a bit.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sanderson View Post
    Hey guys

It sounds like you have achieved at least a competent electric chair. Prof. Scott Ross put it right. The dogfight is probably the next logical thing to add to that part of your game. There are several principles of the dogfight to consider in itself. As time goes on, based on their arm positioning the reverse lockdown will start to open up. The electric stone sweep feels beautiful from someone who knows it well. I had the great privilege to feel Eddie's at a seminar a while back, it's all about the timing of catching their posting hand for when they want to compensate their weight on the other side of your body if they swim their top leg over your head to counter the electric chair. That one I had to feel before starting to catch it. The dogfight though is the hook that goes with the electric chairs jab. They are a 1-2 punch.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Perfect dogfight to twist back(jumping on the back, focusing on sinking the far leg hook in) could be the best option from dogfight
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie