Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    Yes for the first part but no regarding your right hand on the hip. You are pushing your opponent's chest to the side and off of your chest so that you can roll to your hip. I leave my right hand in a T-Rex so I'm ready to go to Perfect Double Unders at the end of my Tomahawk swing. Also. remember to bring your knees towards your chest while maintaining the lockdown as you Tomahawk - this disrupts your opponent's base.
    Thank you sir. I will try this.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Yes for the first part but no regarding your right hand on the hip. You are pushing your opponent's chest to the side and off of your chest so that you can roll to your hip. I leave my right hand in a T-Rex so I'm ready to go to Perfect Double Unders at the end of my Tomahawk swing. Also. remember to bring your knees towards your chest while maintaining the lockdown as you Tomahawk - this disrupts your opponent's base.
    Got to use this during rounds today. The Tomahawk was the key! That generated enough force to get to my side and do an old school sweep. I think it caught my training oartner by surprise.

Thank you so very much!

when I whip up, I use the same motion as when I go inverted. It's not lifting with your legs, it's more rocking your entire lower body like you want to do a backflip. Not sure if that helps. Granted, I am 200+ pounds, but I can get it on people heavier than me pretty easily. It's actually a lot harder for me to do on women, not sure why.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Nice! Glad to know I helped AND that you are using the Old School Sweep - that sweep is underutilized in my opinion.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Nice! Glad to know I helped AND that you are using the Old School Sweep - that sweep is underutilized in my opinion.
    Hehehe....I'm over 40 so I'm old school by default.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I addition to becoming good getting on your side from being flattened out I suggest you also work on not getting flattened out in the first place. Play half guard on your terms with good frames and prevent the cross face. Stay on your side, your shoulders should be stacked and you on your hip. You can slip your lockdown in from there and immediately swim to perfect double unders.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    I addition to becoming good getting on your side from being flattened out I suggest you also work on not getting flattened out in the first place. Play half guard on your terms with good frames and prevent the cross face. Stay on your side, your shoulders should be stacked and you on your hip. You can slip your lockdown in from there and immediately swim to perfect double unders.
    Yes. I confess that sometimes I'm indecisive on what I want to play and end up getting flattened out. Working on being proactive rather than reactive.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    I play the Lockdown a lot at my non-10th Planet academy. Most of my training partners out weigh me by 40-100lbs, with probably double to triple my strength. At first, my Lockdown game was mostly unstoppable. Now, my training partners have caught on and have been shutting me down by smashing the hell out of me before I get to my side to get to dogfight or sitting their weight down on my attacking arm when going for the electric chair sweep. Any tips?

Second question, locking down guys with massive thighs and calves....any tips with holding on to the Lockdown there?

Thank you!
    Most games fail the more the weight difference increases. Start working your overhook game, F1 & F2 and go to fire and flip when you get to the cocoon. The flying kung fu game is massive against larger opponents
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Most games fail the more the weight difference increases. Start working your overhook game, F1 & F2 and go to fire and flip when you get to the cocoon. The flying kung fu game is massive against larger opponents
    Thank you Master Eddie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12