Stuck in Electric Underhooks Position

Hello everyone.
    I am improving my lockdown and sweep game these days.
    When grappling with experienced people, I mostly find myself catch left underhook behind is belly,right underhook behind his thigh or knee. Unfortunately they use a shoulder pressure on my head and chest and make me on my back so it is very hard to go for a sweep. Furthermore whipdown is useless in the situation because I already get left underhook.

what do you recommend for this position?

regards

Array

School
    10WO
    Can't let him crossface you. Make sure you have a clear line to his hips before diving in for the Electric hooks. I feel it as connecting my shoulders to his hips, when I can manage that I feel that I can go Electric Chair all day. And the whipdown ain't just for getting the underhook. Whipdowns are for making him base out. If he is basing somewhere, that means he is putting his weight there instead of on you, for as long as you can keep him basing there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    What Chad said. I prefer to get my undertook and with my inside arm block that cross face by using my hand as a hook on their bicep until I feel is a good time to attack with lockdown.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    When electric chair attempts get stuffed go right to the reverse lockdown game, of to dogfight or force the electric stone sweep
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    When electric chair attempts get stuffed go right to the reverse lockdown game
    Can you clarify a couple things for me please, Eddie? I have always thought of the "reverse lockdown game" as just the whip down, or whipping down to the outside to get the underhook back, or to go for 5-0 sweeps, or the son-dog submission (or what used to be called "5-0 control") etc. I just considered it all "whip down game". I always assumed that "reverse lockdown" meant locking your lockdown up backwards, ie: your inside leg going outside, and then crossing outside leg over to lockdown backwards. It's a bit confusing to me to call it reverse lockdown.

If I hit a whip down to get the underhook back, and I just stay on that outside hip, whether I heisman on their arm to start going for electric chairs, or stoner control, or even just stay their to rest a bit, is that called reverse lockdown, or is it whip down game, or both? And also, why is that being called reverse lockdown now?

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I am improving my lockdown and sweep game these days.
    When grappling with experienced people, I mostly find myself catch left underhook behind is belly,right underhook behind his thigh or knee. Unfortunately they use a shoulder pressure on my head and chest and make me on my back so it is very hard to go for a sweep. Furthermore whipdown is useless in the situation because I already get left underhook.

what do you recommend for this position?

regards
    Sometimes when this happens to me it's because my underhook isn't reaching up like an uppercut in that "whip suck uppercut duck" movement (if that makes any sense, can't remember the episode). If I don't drive the uppercut up enough it doesn't spin me under enough and then he can crossface me to keep me away from his legs.

Sometimes the old school whip up (hands under armpits, lifting and whipping and driving them up so you can turn in) works when they're totally devoted to head grabbing? Does anyone find that's too dangerous?

Is the path to dogfight open?

Hope it helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Last year at a conference Sean Bollinger showed the 5 0 sweep from Lockdown. Adding this really improved my Lockdown for the issues you have raised.

https://youtu.be/B1yd0t_P198

I think this video must be really old

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    Can you clarify a couple things for me please, Eddie? I have always thought of the "reverse lockdown game" as just the whip down, or whipping down to the outside to get the underhook back, or to go for 5-0 sweeps, or the son-dog submission (or what used to be called "5-0 control") etc. I just considered it all "whip down game". I always assumed that "reverse lockdown" meant locking your lockdown up backwards, ie: your inside leg going outside, and then crossing outside leg over to lockdown backwards. It's a bit confusing to me to call it reverse lockdown.

If I hit a whip down to get the underhook back, and I just stay on that outside hip, whether I heisman on their arm to start going for electric chairs, or stoner control, or even just stay their to rest a bit, is that called reverse lockdown, or is it whip down game, or both? And also, why is that being called reverse lockdown now?
    I answered this on the Q & A thread
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ2mBMf9Gys

im like wtf is electric stone...but here it is!!!