!0th Planet, London, England?

Greetings everyone,

I really want to start training in the no-gi Jiu Jitsu style - unfortunately there isn't a 10th planet club in London England yet so i was hoping you guys could reccomend another club in London that offers very good no-gi Jiu Jitsu instruction as well as incorporating new moves such as the rubber guard and the twister.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Well, there's a question. Honestly, there are loads of gyms out there, and for the most part, they are all pretty open minded. I personally train at Roger Gracie Academy with arguably the greatest grappler in the world, and I'd like to think we have a lot of guys trying things that aren't TOO conventional. Yes, it's a gi school and we aren't twister-ing people left and right, but it's not like you can't use the setups for other things, be it back takes or calf cranks, knowing the twister option is there for you. Heck, with the right training partners, you can just roll how you want, not a problem.

If you want PURE no-gi...pretty much your only option is an MMA gym, of which London Shootfighters or Legacy BJJ would probably be your best bets.

But try a few. Most places offer a free class, try it and see where you feel you're learning the best. If you drop down to RGA, say hi. And I'll even run you through the standard rubber guard progression. ^_-

Take care,

Oli

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I've seen Oli use Rubber Guard VERY well in some competitions, so Roger Gracies would be a good place for you

Array

School
    Morcegao BJJ
    Agree with Oli, if your in London, you might aswell train with the best!!

Array

School
    Rey Diogo Scotland
    I second that and the fact he is saying they are open minded and will train tpjj stuff - go for it!!
    Train Intelligently