Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands

Announcement: Jason Latona expelled from 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu.

We had to expel Jason Latona and take his ranking away. When I got to Singapore he claimed he was a purple belt in the gi. I rolled with him and said I couldn't acknowledge his belt and would start him off at white, later granting a blue.

After continually trying to wear purple ranked 10th Planet gear, and lying to people that he had 25 years of jiu jitsu experience, and complaining that he wasn't a purple belt in 10th Planet, I finally said I'd vet his claims of receiving a purple belt in 2001, and 2009, by 3 different instructors. I told him if he checked out, I'd help him more on the path to purple.

It turns out the person he claimed he received the purple belt from in 2001, didn't start jiu jitsu til 1999, and received a blue in 2006, purple in 2009, brown in 2012, and black in 2014. There was no way I could allow this lie to live any longer, and it was agreed that the best solution was to expel him from Evolve MMA and 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and strip him of any rankings while at Evolve and 10th Planet.

We could not let a person that has been training at the gym for upwards of 2 years to continue to train with us, as his presence was becoming an issue. Yes, this sounds familiar. It's happened before. Please earn your rank,
    legally.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Slick Rick; 08-02-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    smh.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Why fake stuff? They eventually get found out when someone rolls with them.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    He should've said he got his purple in 2015 from someone in a remote part of Brazil, deep in the amazon.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    What a tool..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    Why fake stuff? They eventually get found out when someone rolls with them.
    There are several possibilities. He could've been a victim of one of those parasitic "fake bjj schools" out there, but with this guy in particular I don't think that was the case. So yeah, probably mental issues, self-esteem issues, a combination of both, who knows. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who have barely accomplished anything in life and feel better when they pretend to be someone they are not.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Sadly, this is a semi-annual scenario. If I've learned anything about BJJ over the last few years while perusing this board, it's all about integrity and humility, not fakin' and perpetrating. Hope this guy learns from his actions and moves forward cautiously.

Props to everybody that's legitimately leveled up. Respect.

Latona, do you know a woman in the IFBB with the last name. When I looked through the guy's twitter I saw who his sister is. I don't know if I am surprised.

I just started Jiu Jitsu online with you guys but I have a black belt in UFC.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    He should've said he got his purple in 2015 from someone in a remote part of Brazil, deep in the amazon.
    Like Blanka from Street Fighter??? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast