Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    I used this and my opponent just wrenched hard on my arm to try and break it free. It created almost like a bicep slicer effect and hurt like hell, lol.
    Lol yeah it can be uncomfortable if they do that but it should stp the armbar. Was the grip able to hold or did it break free?

Also FWIW most people won't do that and will try to cleanly break the grip

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Nathan Orchard has an awesome spider web escape where he bridges then limp arms out, it's next level shit
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Lol yeah it can be uncomfortable if they do that but it should stp the armbar. Was the grip able to hold or did it break free?

Also FWIW most people won't do that and will try to cleanly break the grip
    For better or worse, the grip held. I ended up letting the grip go after probably ten seconds of excruciating pain, lol. I rolled out of the arm bar during the transition to full extension of my arm. But, my arm was numb for a few minutes after and still sore days later, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Nathan Orchard has an awesome spider web escape where he bridges then limp arms out, it's next level shit
    Is this it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP3HoeVBBv3

My main progression of escaping is generally this in chronological order.

headscissor if I can, because it is hilarious and super effective when I can lock it up, which is fairly often. Most common is normal RNC defence but instead of cupping the back of their leg turn palm towards you and move like you are combing your hair back with your hands, bridge and shoulderwalk out, if that fails but you separate the legs a bit and have a little space hand goes to post on their leg, invert then use your foot to kick their leg away and backroll to get on top, or lace your leg in between theirs then attack the leg. Get up then knee on face, failing that knee on face leg goes all the way over their body, sit on them like a shitty russian cowboy but you are getting armbarred, pull out then leg lock.

Beyond that learning all the different grips that exist to save your arm, ie RNC, gable, gable 1 in 1 out, S, cupping your own leg, etc, and being able to switch between them as the need arises faster than they can adjust is important.

My armbar defense is my best defense, and my defense is my bast attribute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12