Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Nogi Jujitsu, US Embassy, Baghdad, Iraq

Attention instructors

Hello everyone. My name is Jeff Belcher and I am a member of the Submissions 101 forum. I am a contractor working and training nogi jujitsu here in Baghdad Iraq at the US Embassy. I have recently posted this on that forum, and have gotten a few responses. Ari Bolden told me to repost here, so here it is.

As some of you may know, the USO has long been a part of entertainment for service members deployed, away from home and families and friends. I have been a contractor working in Kuwait and Iraq for nearly 5 years. I have seen several USO programs and met a few celebrities. I am speaking for myself and a bunch of other guys who practice nogi jujitsu here in Baghdad, at least the members who belong to the group “Baghdad Fight Club”. They have urged me to talk to you guys about trying to get 10th Planet to do a USO tour and teach us some stuff; Eddie, Ari, George Sotiropoulos, Joe Rogan, Scott “Einstien” Epstein, or anyone else. Well, I doubt that I can make it happen, but does anyone have any advice or anything to maybe make this possible?

PS: Ari said that he is in. I am working with the USO, trying to get information on how to get this done. Thanks for your time guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Ttt for the troops!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Try to get some backers and contact the USO. See how many instructors would be down, and who Eddie may recommend, and have some backups-perhaps some of the "Moon" instructors on deck who would be interested/able to go. Also, there are several veterans who are with 10th Planet-notably Mr. Kevin Green who has done duty in the middle east. Someone like him would be a great resource.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Hey, Yup, I'm a veteran of both theaters. Id say get w MWR....they should have all the forms requests and procedures down for unit requests and the poc for the uso. U will need green suiter approval as well as (im sure) signatures for allocation of funds, travel, housing and chow.

I'm no celebrity, but I do own a 10th P school, have been training and fighting since the 90s and I'm down for sure!!! I miss the desert

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    That would be awesome!!!

Array

School
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

I would but Im just a white belt, never went to the desert, Korea and Bosnia but no sandbox.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    What a crock of shit! We got Jewel and her hillbilly husband for the one and only USO show that I saw.......I guess nobody cool wanted to come to Afghanistan....
    Great idea by the way. I hope it works out for you. You guys will be lucky to get any of the moon Owner/instructors.

Array

School
    Ttt

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    ttt

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Wood View Post
    What a crock of shit! We got Jewel and her hillbilly husband for the one and only USO show that I saw.......I guess nobody cool wanted to come to Afghanistan....
    Great idea by the way. I hope it works out for you. You guys will be lucky to get any of the moon Owner/instructors.
    All I got when I was in the Afgan desert was the Norwegian minister of foreign affairs, so Jewel would rock my world down there lol :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast